- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: Fulltime - 38 hours per week
- Reports to: Chairperson and Board of Directors
- Level and salary: SCHCADS Level 8 - Above Award. Salary packaging available
- Review: Quarterly Performance Review with the RCC Board
Riverwood Community Centre (RCC) is a not-for-profit community-based Neighbourhood Centre in the heart of Riverwood’s diverse community, with an outstanding reputation for working with and for the local community. With more than 40 years’ experience, RCC is a leading community organisation that supports change for individuals, families and community groups through a wide range of programs. These include Children’s Services, Family Support and Youth Services, NDIS support, Aged Care Services and Community Development.
RCC is a Company limited by guarantee, governed by a voluntary and community-based Board of Directors who are fully committed to the local community. RCC currently employs 54 staff members, supported by an active and diverse volunteer team. For more information, please see www.riverwoodcommunity.org.au
Riverwood Community Centre is looking for a GM who is passionate about working with our diverse community and shares RCC’s values, vision, and purpose, as documented in the Strategic Plan. As CEO you will:
- Lead a committed team to provide effective, quality services to the community, demonstrate a strong commitment to social justice, and work collaboratively to shape the Centre’s future direction.
- With knowledge and an ethical approach, integrity and honesty, ensure the organisation meets its legislative and financial requirements, manages risks and responds to the community.
- Be transparent and accountable to the Board of Directors, providing timely and quality advice in accordance with the Governance Charter and RCC Constitution
- Demonstrate leadership, direction and support to staff and volunteers, building a strong team culture, and overseeing a welcoming culture to our diverse community
- Demonstrate significant senior management experience in the community services sector and with a Board of Directors. Working sensitively with, listening, and responding to all community members, particularly people from culturally diverse backgrounds who make up the majority of our community, is essential.
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications in the social sciences, community services or management
- Foster quality, collaborative, and professional working relationships within and external to the organisation.
- Provide strategic leadership that reinforces RCC’s vision, purpose, values, and sound management practices of the organisation.
- Provide accurate advice to the Board to support effective governance and meet quality outcomes for the community.
- Promote a caring, welcoming, and inclusive organisational culture that supports a sense of belonging.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and people management skills and support professional development of staff.
- Proven experience in preparing, managing, and reporting on budgets and evidence of strategic thinking for successful tendering to support current and future financial sustainability.
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with external partners and stakeholders to maintain high-quality and responsive levels of service and sustain and develop RCC’s vital and critical role in the life of the community.
If you have exceptional skills in the above areas, are flexible, responsive and are looking for a new and exciting opportunity to join with and work collaboratively to shape the future direction of a leading community organisation in Riverwood.
For further inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: General Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs or contact Supun on (02) 9533 0143.
Interviews will be conducted early in July.
A position description is attached.