- OOSH Educator - Responsible Persons
- Riverwood location
- Part time
- Flexible working hours
- Join a great community organisation
ABOUT THE ROLE
Riverwood Community Centre is a Not for Profit Neighbourhood Centre that has operated in Riverwood for over 40 years, and has an outstanding reputation in working for the local community. We are a diverse organisation, structured and staffed to service a community of all ages and backgrounds.
Reporting to the OOSH Educational Leader and Director, this role will assist in the provision of a quality out of school hours’ care program, which meets the expectations of the Approved Provider, families and children. Supported by an experienced team, this position will provide care, activities and educational elements to those in the program.
The successful candidate will need to provide relevant experience with children 5-12 years old, along with good communication skills and experience creating and implementing programs based on children’s interests and the My Time Our Place learning outcomes.
Applicants must be available:
- Part time – Monday to Friday 2.30pm – 6pm (17.5hrs), Additional hours in BSC as required.
- Up to 8 hours per day in Vacation care
- To assist in the supervision of all children, ensuring their well-being and safety at all times.
- To interact with the children, assist in planning and implementing programs.
- Collecting children from schools via transport bus.
- Prepare meal times following safe food handling practices.
- To carry out duties as directed by the Educational leader, Director and organisation management.
- Experience of creating and implementing programs based on children’s interests and the My Time Our Place learning outcomes.
- Capacity to contribute to the development of the Quality Improvement Plan (QIP).
- Desirable: working towards A Certificate III or higher in Children Services.
- Valid Working with Children Check for paid employment
- Minimum one year experience working with children
- First Aid Training, Anaphylaxis / Asthma trained (willing to obtain)
- Child Protection Awareness
- Fully vaccinated against COVID
- Available morning, afternoons and vacation care (school holidays)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with the children, parents and staff
- Ability to work collaboratively and contribute to the needs of the service and within the team
- Reliable, motivated, enthusiastic and initiative.
Please send your resume to Tara.H@riverwoodcommunity.org.au using the subject line: OOSH Educator enquiry via EthicalJobs.