The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing marketing, communication and media strategies, including building a strong social media presence, to ensure Rocketship’s objectives and programs are effectively communicated to the organisation’s stakeholders. Stakeholders are spread across the public, non-profit, and private sectors in Australia, the Pacific region and around the world. The role is also responsible for overseeing fundraising events, sponsorships and corporate partnerships.
As outlined in the Rocketship Strategic Plan (2021-2025), the vision of the organisation is “Healthy communities across the Pacific”. The corresponding mission of Rocketship is to share skills and work in partnership to achieve strong, sustainable primary healthcare systems in Pacific island countries, particularly through training Pacific island health professionals to become specialists in primary care. Thus, the Marketing & Communications Manager works to achieve these goals through efficient and effective support of the organisation’s leadership and implementation of Rocketship’s Communications Strategy and related plans.
Reporting to the CEO, the key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement effective marketing, communication, media and public relations strategies to raise awareness of Rocketship and its objectives, activities, programs and events
- Develop and manage Rocketship’s promotional materials, website, and social media platforms, including regular content updates, case studies, and proactive use of contemporary online media to drive engagement with current audience and develop new audiences
- Devise an annual fundraising plan and oversight implementation of agreed campaigns, activities and events
- Seek sponsorship and corporate partners to support Rocketship business and activities
- Promote and champion Rocketship’s key messages and brand, including through the development of guidelines and style guides
- Supervise and support staff, external contractors, and volunteers as required
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, sponsors and supporters
The following attributes are considered essential for the Marketing & Communications Manager:
- Highly developed oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Significant experience and relevant qualifications in marketing, communication, fundraising, events and sponsorship management
- High level of competence with online communications (email and web conferencing), as well as standard word-processing, presentation and spreadsheet software (e.g. M.S. Office – Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Ability to communicate and function comfortably, competently, effectively and efficiently in multidisciplinary and cross-cultural settings
- Experience in developing and implementing effective marketing, communication, media and public relations strategies
- Experience in contemporary social media and networking tools to support online engagement
- Experience in developing a wide range of communication materials targeted to a range of audiences and for diverse channels including print, radio, TV, online and face-to face
- Experience in managing websites, including development of website content and WordPress interface
- Sound administrative and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated commitment to Rocketship’s mission, vision and values
Conditions of employment:
The Marketing & Communications Manager will initially be engaged on a pro-bono, part-time basis to a 0.2 full-time equivalent (FTE) level. There may be occasional requirements for an extended role, which will be supported appropriately. This is a working from home opportunity.
A full position description is attached below.