- Fantastic opportunities to join Australia's leading rural charity.
- x2 opportunities available in regional Queensland.
- Attractive salary + motor vehicle + work from home.
- Locations: Toowoomba/ Warwick/ Stanthorpe/ Biloela/ Emerald
Rural Aid is one of the largest rural charities in Australia. It was founded in 2015 on the back of the very successful “Buy a Bale” drought fundraising campaign of 2013. Funded by donations, the charity provides support and assistance to farmers and rural communities during times of natural disasters and supporting the long-term sustainability of the agriculture sector.
Rural Aid’s vision is that farming and rural communities are safeguarded to ensure their sustainability before, during and after natural disasters. Our mission is to provide economic and empathetic support and assistance to rural communities impacted by natural disaster, through partnering with key stakeholders to deliver meaningful outcomes. Rural Aid promises to ensure donors’ money is used transparently to provide effective and timely assistance to those most in need.
What is important to us?
At Rural Aid our values guide our behaviour and are the foundation for how we do business:
- Empathetic & compassionate (in everything we do and everyone we deal with);
- Transparent & accountable (being open, honest and outcomes focused);
- Supported & empowered (to achieve community and personal growth);
- Ambitious & adaptable (in order to find solutions to new and diverse challenges); and
- Commercially responsible (to ensure the long-term future of the charity).
Compliance with our Code WH&S policies and procedures and contributing to and promoting a safe and healthy work environment are also priorities for us.
The primary objective of this role is to offer counselling support to farmers and farming families, offer other unique mental wellbeing initiatives while building trust and rapport, listening to their story and exploring how they are coping at present, assessing their safety and those around them and practicing appropriate referral processes, if needed. Collaboratively identifying options for further support and facilitating their access to relevant resources and referrals, if required.
Also, to represent Rural Aid and its varying number of services to individual clients and community stakeholders. Building a diverse network that facilitates referral processes and further support to registered farmers, farming families and rural communities.
Working from your home office and networking in regional Queensland covering an area of around 300km radius, we are seeking two Counsellor and Community representatives in the following:
- Southern Queensland (ideally Toowoomba/Warwick/Stanthorpe region)
- Central Queensland (ideally Biloela/Emerald region)
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
To provide counselling support (face-to-face and/or using telecommunication: phone or Zoom) to registered farmers who require this service and practice appropriate referral processes.
- Provide counselling and support for a diverse range of presenting individuals, couples and families needs.
- Participate in and contribute to local community, regional and state service networks. This includes group work, rural outreach, mental wellbeing initiatives, disaster assistance activities, community development activities and other duties on a need’s basis.
- Participate in ongoing planning, implementation, funding opportunities, monitoring and evaluation of the key aspects of this service.
- To initiate check-in calls, as a follow up support for newly registered farmers, acknowledging their needs, validating their details and explaining Rural Aid’s services, if required.
- To conduct proper assessment of client’s needs and risks, developing an appropriate plan of action.
- Comply with Laws, Policies and Procedures pertinent to the counsellor role, and implemented by: States and Territories, Professional Body (ACA) and Rural Aid.
- Assist, where possible, with out of office activities as a Counsellor and /or RA Representative.
- Generate reports for statistical purposes, as well as secure accurate and timely data entry on CRM.
- To liaise with RA office staff and clients/organisations who are requiring assistance with accessing services.
- Attend to designated events and meetings to represent the organisation, establish new connections, acquire relevant information and/or meet farmers to inform them about Rural Aid’s services.
- Improve the reporting of and outcomes from the provision of counselling in rural community mental wellbeing.
Qualifications & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Counselling (degree preferred), or other relevant qualification.
- Must be currently registered with the Australian Counselling Association (ACA).
- Proven experience as a Registered Counsellor, or similar role (minimum of 2 years).
- Understanding of the following therapeutic approaches: Solution Focused Therapy, Person-Centred Therapy , Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Psychological First Aid.
- Previous experience working within a team environment, demonstrating a collaborative and supportive approach with internal clients and stakeholders.
- Proven effective communication, computer skills and ability to learn how to navigate through Microsoft Office 365.
- Working with Children Check.
- Ongoing professional development.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability and willingness to work remotely and availability to travel for work purposes.
- Drivers licence