Our client is a company with a passion for helping people: Both their staff and their clients.
There is opportunity to do things better in the disability sector and that's exactly what they have been delivering since their commencement. With over 20 years of experience between the co-founders in the health and disability sector. They strive to be a provider of choice for those who are most vulnerable within the NDIS. They pride themselves on taking a client-centric approach to the way in which services are delivered, and are currently looking for the best of the best health practitioners to join the team. They have a small but growing multi-disciplinary team of therapists across Melbourne, Adelaide, Southeast Queensland and now Sydney.
They have recently appointed a highly experienced Speech Pathology clinical leader, with over 20 years clinical, research and teaching experience and a passion for clinical supervision and developing staff. The opportunities for professional growth and development in a highly supportive team are here!
About the role
We are looking for motivated, client-centric, outcome-focussed Speech Pathologists to join our expanding team.
- Provide assessment and intervention to clients with communication and swallowing difficulties to help them achieve and maintain optimal independence and quality of life.
- Train carers in communicating effectively with clients, and work with assistants and other professionals to deliver effective therapeutic outcomes to reach functional goals.
- Develop argumentative and alternative communication systems tailored to individual clients needs.
- Develop swallowing intervention and mealtime plans and train carers on effective mealtime management support.
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Be offered un-capped professional development allowances.
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology (or equivalent)
- Certified Practising Speech Pathology Australia membership
- Knowledge of functional communication and swallowing assessments, interventions and outcome measures.
- NDIS experience and understanding is preferable but not essential
- A passion for assisting clients to reach their full potential
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- Current driver's licence and registered vehicle
- NDIS Workers Check
Why work with us?
- Supervision, support and training from the Speech Pathology Manager who has over 20 years clinical as well as leadership, lecturing and research experience. Your professional development and personal success is our priority.
- Provide meaningful communication and swallowing intervention, within a flexible working environment.
- Great salary as well as market leading long-term incentives
- Ongoing training and support to help you reach your professional goals
- Work independently, but never feel alone as part of a highly supportive speech pathology and multidisciplinary team
- Career mapping with regular opportunities for advancement
For a confidential conversation about this role please contact us on (03) 9119 0700