Samarinda is a leading and well respected not-for-profit organisation based in Melbourne. We provide a range of services which include; residential aged care, home care, NDIS, day respite, delivered meals, social support and our Ashy op shop. Our vision is that every local individual and family deserves to remain connected, engaged and valued in the community they know and love.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We have a newly created full time role in our team for an experienced Resident/Client Services Officer. Reporting to the Residential Services Manager and working at Samarinda Lodge, home to 92 residents, your key responsibilities will be:
- Ensure all potential residential permanent and respite enquiries are managed in a professional, efficient and effective way.
- Facilitate permanent and respite resident admissions, including coordination of all administrative components.
- Market and promote Samarinda to the community and increase potential resident numbers to meet occupancy.
- Improve resident experience by ensuring high level service delivery.
- Improve the presentation standards of Samarinda Lodge.
- Database management and reporting.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join a dedicated, supportive, hands on team in an organisation where you can truly make a difference. Come join the Samarinda family!
Our ideal person will need to have the following;
- Experience in a similar role and environment.
- Working knowledge and experience of residential aged care.
- Exceptional service delivery and presentation standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with a friendly, welcoming demeanour and engaging personality.
- Hands on approach and attitude with high attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks while building and fostering relationships.
- Resident focused approach with a passion for enhancing the lives of older people and a genuine interest in working in aged care.
- Desire to make a real difference and work within the values of Samarinda.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Opportunity to work for a well regarded NFP that genuinely cares and is making an impact.
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to helping others.
- Comprehensive onboarding, induction, learning and development program.
- Salary packaging options available for full and part time employees to reduce amount of tax you pay.
- Health and wellbeing programs (including employee assistance program and immunisation).
- Reward and recognition program.
- Refer a friend recruitment incentives.
If you would like more details please contact the Residential Services Manager on 0431 935 828.
A position description is attached.
For further information about Samarinda please visit www.samarinda.org.au.
Samarinda has a duty of care for all our people and to work at Samarinda you will be required to supply proof of work rights, undergo relevant screening and assessment, National Police Check, NDIS Worker Screening Check and a Working with Children Check (as applicable). You will also be required as a condition of your employment to comply with mandatory vaccination requirements for aged care and community care.