Scarlet Alliance, Australian Sex Workers Association, is the national peak body representing sex workers and sex worker organisations, projects, groups, and networks.
Scarlet Alliance’s mission statement is to, through its objectives, policies and programs, work to advance Sex Worker Rights with the achievement of equality and social, legal, political, cultural health and economic justice for past and present workers in the sex industry to enable sex workers to be self-determining agents, build our own alliances and choose where and how we live and work.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operations Officer, the Administration & Social Media Officer is responsible for providing effective and efficient social media and administration support to Scarlet Alliance to ensure the smooth operation of the organisation and head office and social media accounts.
The Administration & Social Media Officer will:
- Respond to correspondence and communication received from various medium (e.g. phone, email) and redirecting/escalating as required.
- Process membership applications.
- Maintain databases and contact lists.
- Provide general administration support such as filing, mail management, ordering of stationary, scanning and data entry.
- Coordinate bookings required such as for events, travel and catering.
- Schedule, post and promote sex work-related content from across Australia and the globe including sharing and reposting of articles, links and research content of interest to sex workers.
- Promote community engagement with Scarlet Alliance social media accounts and contribute to sex worker community development.
- Promptly respond to direct messages and review public contributions to social media accounts by responding, modifying or deleting inappropriate material. To access the full job description, please see the Position Description.
The position will be based at the Scarlet Alliance Sydney office.
SALARY & CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT
This part-time position is offered for a one-year contract to start and is subject to ongoing funding or organisational change. This is a part-time position 0.4 FTE (15 hours/week) paid at the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 Level 4.1, ($39.26 per hour, 0.4 pro rata of $77,584 per annum) and subject to the National Employment Standards. Salary sacrifice is available for this position.
The start-up phase for this position includes a comprehensive orientation and opportunities for training.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA (Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities):
- Sex work experience and an understanding of the principles of sex worker rights.
- Demonstrated ability to use social media platforms (including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter and Facebook) and knowledge of social media scheduling tools.
- Advanced computer skills including Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, file management, internet and email.
- A desire, willingness and ability to work with other sex workers, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people who inject drugs, trans and gender diverse people, and people living with HIV.
- Ability to use social media platforms (including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter and Facebook) to effectively engage diverse audiences.
- Effective written communication skills; organisational, time-management and reporting skills; and the ability to work both with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
Desirable (Not Essential)
- Tertiary qualifications or experience in administration, communications, marketing or other relevant areas.
- Experience working or volunteering in community organisations in Australia or elsewhere.
- Knowledge of or experience in analysing social media metrics to strengthen engagement.
To submit your application, click Apply Now.
Please see the attachments for a complete outline of the role requirements.
If you are interested in the position but unsure whether you meet the selection criteria, please call Mish Pony on 0402 633 424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Administration & Social Media Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.