Sydney Children's Hospitals Foundation are looking for a passionate Coordinator to join our Major Gift Philanthropy team.
This position is a 6 months full time contract role. The Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Major Gifts Team assisting with donor engagement and stewardship, administration support, and a key support for the team’s database requirements at Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation (SCHF).
Manage new donors
- Respond to enquiries from new donors ensuring they are given the opportunity to maximise their relationship with the Foundation, and receive feedback and acknowledgement appropriate to their needs and interests.
- Engage Relationship Manager(s) in partnership to ensure donor needs and expectations are met.
- Promote opportunities to new donors to support the Sydney Children’s Hospital Network (SCHN) more broadly.
- Engage with donors to build background knowledge and ensure donor needs and philanthropic objectives are met.
Business Planning and administration
- Apply high level interpersonal and strong administration skills, including attention to detail, and managing competing priorities, to manage multiple fundraising relationships on behalf of the Philanthropy team.
- Complete actions marked for follow up in the Customer Relationship database in an effective, timely, respectful and sensitive manner.
- Use initiative and sensitivity to solve problems/issues, identifying when to escalate.
- Ensure computerised records are updated in line with Foundation requirements.
- Ensure all activities undertaken are approved and Fundraising policy requirements and brand guidelines.
- Assisting the Major Gifts Team with creating and managing reports from the Customer Relationship database.
- Assist with transcribing meeting minutes.
- Relevant experience in a customer focused administration role, with evidence of well-established customer services skills and ability to meet deadlines, quality standards and objectives.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers in a professional, sensitive and pleasant manner, both face to face and over the phone.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills including the ability to make decisions, manage complaints, and manage a variety of external stakeholders from varying backgrounds.
- Advanced time management, organisational and administration skills, including high attention to detail and the ability to set priorities in an environment where multiple competing priorities are present.
- Highly developed computer skills in use of Customer Relationship database Salesforce and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and Sharepoint)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and to collaborate across teams to achieve enhanced outcomes, including a demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances, work processes and working hours.
- Demonstrated high standards of integrity, ethics, judgement and confidentiality.
What we can offer
- Opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and see the impact of your work.
- Flexible Working
- A supportive workplace, with access to professional development opportunities.
- Discounted gym membership
- Randwick Location
- Attractive NFP salary packaging
To submit your application, please click the 'Apply Now' button.
Successful candidates must have the legal right to work in Australia and will be required to undertake a criminal record check before commencing employment.
Sydney Children's Hospitals Foundation is an inclusive place to work. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Major Gifts Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.