Sea Shepherd Australia is a non-profit marine conservation organisation, that campaigns to defend, conserve and protect the oceans. Our mission is to protect defenceless marine wildlife and end the destruction of habitat in the world’s oceans.
We use innovative direct action tactics to investigate, document and take action when necessary, to expose and confront illegal activities on the high seas. By safeguarding the biodiversity of our delicately balanced oceanic ecosystems, Sea Shepherd Australia works to ensure their survival for future generations.
In line with Sea Shepherd Australia's strategic direction, and under direction from the Communications Director, you will coordinate digital activities to deliver cutting-edge, engaging content with the goals of motivating and building our online community, increasing awareness and driving engagement.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, you will devise and distribute digital content as well as build our supporter base through a variety of sources. You will be responsible for;
Managing Sea Shepherd's social media channels
- Create compelling content that is well-informed and supports organisational goals
- Use innovative strategies to optimise audience engagement and action across all Sea Shepherd Australia social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Engage with the broader public to inform, inspire and empower people to protect the ocean
- Proactively pitch innovative digital content ideas and translate campaign plans into cutting-edge online content
- Work with the communications team to manage a content calendar for key platforms
- Manage digital advertising across Facebook to maximise reach and effectiveness
- Moderate social media channels in line with Sea Shepherd's standards and plans
Optimising Digital Content
- Edit and publish website content to drive traffic and create conversions
- Facilitate the co-design, delivery and publication of Sea Shepherd Australia’s targeted supporter emails including updates to regular givers and volunteers
- Ensure integration of multi-channel supporter journeys
- Edit and distribute press releases in coordination with the team.
- Monitor the media for relevant stories and proactively pitch news angles to the communications team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists and press outlets.
Performing ongoing analysis
- Proactively research, evaluate and report on emerging trends, and the effectiveness of social media strategies and content.
- Use Google analytics, Facebook insights and other analytical tools to report on key website metrics, social media traffic and engagement statistics in a monthly report to be presented to the Communications team
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Strong knowledge of communication strategies across social media and web
- Expertise in the latest online engagement techniques and other rapidly developing media
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate graphic design skills, with proven ability in Adobe suite
- Ability to work as part of a team, under time constraints and strict deadlines, with minimum of supervision
- Tertiary qualifications in communications/advertising/public relations
- A passion for ocean conservation
OTHER ATTRIBUTES THAT WILL HELP YOU STAND OUT
Basic video editing skills, experience in the Not-For-Profit sector, experience using Mailchimp, experience working with various departments within an organisation including fundraising.
Term of Employment:
Permanent part-time (4 days per week)
Flexible arrangements to work from the office in Williamstown, Victoria or work from home.
$60,000 pa pro rata