Do you love working with families?
Do you enjoy designing programs and playgroups that make a difference to the local community?
South Eastern Community Connect is looking for the right person to help us deliver community services, programs and initiatives to children and families through:
- Supported playgroups
- Parenting programs; and
- Parent information sessions.
Our goal is to create community connections in accordance with the Targeted Earlier Intervention Program priority areas across multiple work sites.
This role is 30 hours per fortnight.
- Relevant qualifications in Community Development, Early Childhood Education, Social Work or equivalent.
- Previous experience and expertise in coordinating, programming and facilitating supported playgroups.
- Experience in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of group-based activities and programs.
- Qualified facilitator in parenting programs such as No Scaredy Cats and 1-2-3 Magic Emotion Coaching.
- Previous experience in community development roles working with people who have experienced marginalisation, disadvantage or vulnerabilities such as but not limited to; mental health concerns, AOD concerns, social isolation and financial disadvantaged, migration, Domestic or Family Violence, Educational or employment concerns, family breakdown or parenting concerns etc. with diverse demographics
- Demonstrated ability to network and work co-operatively with other organisations
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a varied work environment and across multiple work sites.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing towards the development of work methods and the setting of outcomes for the effective delivery of community programs and events.
- Demonstrated ability to provide administrative support of a complex nature to senior employees e.g. grant writing, including basic research or collection of data, outcome framework development. Ability to apply computer programming knowledge and skills in systems development, maintenance and implementation.
- Previous experience in establishing, resourcing, facilitating and supporting early intervention approaches to support community groups of people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience in group work and community program facilitation in multiple locations.
- Ability to facilitate community events and festivals which inform, engage and resource individuals.
- Previous experience in program planning, development, reporting and evaluation for individuals across the whole community sector (e.g. youth, families, whole community etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and produce promotional material or strategies which supports the delivery of community programs.
- Current driver's licence and a comprehensively insured vehicle.
- Current Working with Children’s Check.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Experience in empowering individuals/communities to actively participate in and lead community activities and initiatives.
- Ability to speak a community language.
- Knowledge of issues affecting the South East Sydney region.
Other Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge of EEO, WHS and Anti-Discrimination
Conditions of Employment:
- Employment is a part-time fixed term contract, and you will be based at our community centre on Botany Rd, Mascot.
- The terms and conditions of employment are those applying under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHCADS) Award 2010 in conjunction with the National Employment Standards.
For more information on South Eastern Community Connect, visit www.secc.sydney.