- A fixed-term part-time position, eight hours a week for six months.
Non-profit organisation South Eastern Community Connect (SECC) is looking for an enthusiastic English and Mandarin-speaking Social Media and Marketing Assistant to support our growing team.
The successful candidate will actively promote SECC’s dynamic parenting programs within the Chinese community.
SECC provides wellbeing services to people of all ages, across a broad spectrum of needs.
The successful candidate will be able to offer support in the areas of marketing, written communications, and promotions.
Reporting to Communications Manager Alison Leader, you will work independently on:
- Promoting our parenting programs and workshops to the Chinese community within five LGAs (Bayside, City of Sydney, Randwick, Waverley and Woollahra).
- Increasing the visibility of our programs and increasing numbers of participants in our programs.
- Producing a plan to better understand the demands of our target groups, tailoring and modifying programs to meet their needs.
- Setting up company pages and producing regular content within WeChat, Little Red Book, Bilibili and any other relevant platforms.
- Developing our client and stakeholder database.
- Website content (See www.secc.sydney), working with the Communications Manager and our web developers when needed.
- Basic graphic design using such tools as Canva.
- Monitoring channels and campaigns to provide reporting and analysis to the Communications Manager.
As our ideal candidate you will:
- Be fluent in both Mandarin and English.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a strong work ethic and an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be willing to take direction and feedback.
- Be willing to undergo a NSW criminal record check.
- Understand the importance of building and implementing successful digital strategies that achieve financial targets.
- Have strong strategic planning and project management skills.
- Understand the importance of building brand equity, retaining supporters, generating leads and driving conversion.
- Be committed to understanding the supporter journey and improving our digital footprint.
Implementation and Strategies:
- Social Media Channels/Platforms
- WeChat Official Account
- Wechat chat group
- WeChat Video
- Little Red Book
This position is a fixed-term permanent part-time position, eight hours a week, for a period of six months.
Enquiries: 02 8338 8506
We look forward to hearing from you.