SHINE for Kids is the only national charity in Australia that works solely to support the children and families affected by parental incarceration. We work to lessen the effects of imprisonment on children and families through early intervention, support and information. We advocate for the rights of children at all levels and we believe that our services are needed now more than ever. SHINE for Kids provides a range of services and programs across the ACT, NSW, QLD, WA and Victoria.
About the role
In this exciting new position you will provide subject matter expertise, coaching and hands-on support across the organisation in relation to child safety and WHS. This is a part time 3 days a week position. Days and hours can be negotiated.
Reporting to the PaC Manager you will develop and implement strategies and initiatives to minimise emerging workplace health risks, safety concerns, prevention of injuries and child safety matters.
- Developing and updating policy, practices and issues of Child Safety, Health, Safety and Wellbeing matters across the organisation.
- Providing support, planning and implementing safety policies and programs across the organisation in the areas of child safety, safety, risk management, workplace rehabilitation and employee wellness according to the regulatory requirements in each State and Territory.
- Designing and delivering WHS training as required
- Developing and conducting risk assessments and coaching and training stakeholder
- Accurate and timely monthly reporting on safety, including maintaining up to date WHS Risk and Child Safety Registers
- Investigating and providing insight into root cause analysis for safety incidents
- Assisting with timely processing of all workers compensation claims and management of return to work plans
- Updating and maintaining first aid equipment and supplies and coordinating training as required
- Providing support to programs across the organisation to deliver accountable and collaborative integrated child protection services that respect the culture and context of each child, young person, family and community in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, statutory responsibilities, and the child protection practice framework.
- Conducting Child Safety training as required
- Experience or qualification in Cert IV in Work Health & Safety, or equivalent experience
- Current Working with Children Check (Paid)
- National Police Check
- Current Drivers License
Everyone at SHINE for Kids from Executive staff to volunteers take seriously our commitment and responsibility to safeguarding children and young people across all our programs and services in a supportive environment that is caring, safe, nurturing, free from bullying, abuse, exploitation and neglect.