- Attractive salary packaging options – up to $18,550 tax free
- Hedland or Karratha based
- Relocation allowance may apply for eligible applicants - conditions will apply
- Regional allowance will apply for eligible applicants
- Rental assistance
- 1 x additional week of annual leave
- 1 x return flight per annum
We have an exciting opportunity for a Care Team Leader to join our team in South Hedland on a full-time basis. Whilst reporting directly to the Community Manager, you will support and mentor direct care staff to provide quality care to clients/carers within the Community. This role could suit an aged care professional looking to take a step into a leadership role. This role can be based in Karratha or Hedland.
- Lead and manage employees to ensure best practice is followed and compliant with required policies and procedures.
- Manage and document employee performance issues.
- Lead and promote safe work culture to reduce safety incidents and loss time injury.
- Maintain inclusive and effective communication with the team to ensure employees are aware of pertinent information
- Ensure new employees have been provided with adequate knowledge of their role and responsibilities
- Manage and authorise weekly/fortnightly timesheets
- Respond to employee and client queries to ensure consistent and effective outcomes for the service delivery
- Allocate suitable resources and implement support plans to ensure quality care is delivered
- Document, report and action hazards and incidents to ensure safe work procedures are followed
- Ensure the integrity of client documents and reports are correct, maintained and delivered
The ideal candidate will have a strong background within the Aged Care Industry. In addition to this, candidates will be able to demonstrate the following experience, skills and attributes:
- An understanding of health care within a community environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team to achieve outcomes.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to develop effective relationships, promote services and resolve client/staff issues.
- Decision making and problem-solving skills to innovatively manage the provision of service delivery.
- A demonstrated empathetic and flexible approach to manage the sensitivities of client and employee issues.
- Time management and organisational skills to effectively plan and prioritise work tasks.
- Knowledge of service provision, allocation and compliance with contractual obligations.
- Knowledge of manual handling principles with the ability to train others.
- A Health Qualification or Certificate III in Community Support Services in order to participate in and demonstrate personal care.
Under the Aged Care act 1997, successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory National Police Clearance prior to commencement.
- Salary packaging of up to $18,550
- Leave loading payment
- Relocation assistance
- Rental assistance
- 1 x return flight within WA per annum - conditions apply
- Regional allowance
- Smart phone provided to perform your work
- Health Care benefits
- Social Club – discounted tickets for movies, the zoo and more (dependant on location)
How to apply
To submit your application, and to view a copy of the Position Description, click ‘Apply’
Based on Silver Chain Group Policy and Government Directions, you will be required to provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19, (including booster), or evidence of a medical exemption in order to commence employment with Silver Chain.
Please note that unsolicited applications from agencies will not be accepted.
About Silver Chain
At Silver Chain, our greatest strength is our people. Driven by our values of integrity, respect, trust and compassion, we aspire to create a better home care system for all Australians. With a proud history of more than 125 years, Silver Chain is an employer of choice and the leading provider of high-quality health and aged care in the homes and communities of more than 65,000 Western Australians every year. Join our team of more than 4,450 staff, caring for more than 105,000 clients across Australia. We’ll provide you with opportunities to help you develop and grow in your career, with training and education programs to help you achieve your goals.
Silver Chain Group are proud members of the Diversity Council of Australia