- Reports To: General Manager Learning Services
- Position Type: Full time - permanent
- Flexible Operations: Work from home, in the field and office. Skyline’s office is based in Hawthorn.
- Salary: $87,160 inclusive of Super + NFP Salary Packaging
Are you passionate for a better world where everyone has opportunities to realise their dreams through education?
Are you driven with a hard-working ethic, and relationship skills?
Are you looking for a role in an aspirational small not-for-profit?
If so, Skyline Education Foundation Australia would love to hear from you!
Skyline Education Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation that supports resilient high ability young people typically in low ICSEA (Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage) government secondary schools to successfully complete their VCE and transition to tertiary education or career of choice. Our vision is that VCE Students who have high ability or are gifted and/or academically talented become resilient leaders in the face of social and economic adversity. Our mission is to empower our students to thrive through education and personal growth in a caring community. Over 15 years we have supported over 400 students to successfully complete year 12 and transition to higher education or their career of choice on a pathway to independence.
Skyline is committed to recruiting cultural, linguistic and lived experience diversity see more https://skylinefoundation.org.au/diversity-and-inclusion/
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Program Manager to make a real difference for resilient high-ability VCE Students! Our Program Managers are the critical connection between our students and the program.
- Building and nurturing supportive relationships between students and Skyline and support student wellbeing
- Supporting student selection into the program, liaising with those selected and supporting them throughout the students time at Skyline
- The Program Manager will optimise delivery of the Program including supporting events and student experiences including induction, residential, masterclasses and graduation events
- Support the efficiency and effectiveness of our current systems and supporting the development of new systems e.g. CRM, LMS, project management
- Supporting transition pathways for students to higher education and career of choice
- To optimise efficiency and effectiveness through the development of systems eg. CRM, LMS, project management
- To enhance engagement and build supportive relationships with Principals, Companion Teachers, Schools, Parents, Staff, Supporters
- To encourage and coordinate education partnerships e.g. Campion, Trinity College, Pearson, Edrolo, Cairnmillar Institute
- To work collaboratively as a member of an aspirational hardworking team and to be an effective manager of an Assistant
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Strong track record working with adolescents or in a community development role
- Tertiary qualification in education, psychology, social work, youth work, community development or other related discipline
- Proven capacity in optimising student or client service experiences
- Strong relationships in government Schools and Universities
- Strong service ethic, highly driven, optimistic, energised, flexible and solutions orientated
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders and develop key relationships
- Highly effective and engaging coaching/mentoring approach
- Great Team player - enjoys and welcomes work in a fast-paced remote environment and can motivate others to achieve under pressure – hard but smart working ethic
- Inspirational role model and manager of an Assistant
- Positive can-do attitude – solutions focus
- Digital, MS Office, CRM, LMS skills and appetite to learn and innovate
For any queries regarding the position please contact Martin Jellinek - General Manager of Learning Services firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Program Manager - Education enquiry via EthicalJobs or 0432 556 775.
A position description is attached.