- Be part of an organisation that makes a difference
- Pivotal role coordinating the delivery of our career related suite of programs and career activities
- Full time contract to December 2024
- Sunshine Coast, QLD
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
With the aim to support secondary students to engage in four or more career related conversations through the life of the project, this role will work to contribute to stronger school attendance and Year 12 attainment as a result.
A day in the life of a Programs Coordinator might look like this, but really every day will be different:
- Facilitate the delivery and administration of appropriate career related programs and activities from the Learning for Life Suite in Project Partner schools
- Work with schools to identify ‘best fit’ career related programs and activities to meet student needs and support career aspirations
- Maintain program fidelity throughout the course of implementation
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Project Partner schools and relevant community agencies. This includes engagement of Project Partner schools in required year on year data capture and possible input into project evaluation activities
- Support Project Partner schools to deliver quality program delivery year on year across life of project.
- Promote and position The Smith Family and inform the community about organisational activities through the media and other relevant forums
- Support of volunteers engaged in program delivery and administration activities
- Recruit, induct and train volunteers
- Work closely with the Family Partnership Coordinator to identify potential Learning for Life scholarship participants to engage in local programs
It takes a special kind of person to be one of our Programs Coordinators. Successful candidates will bring the following:
- Demonstrated experience in planning and coordinating programs / projects;
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining relevant partnerships and working as part of a collaborative team;
- Demonstrated experience in administration;
- A current driver’s licence;
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated capability to manage and plan own work to achieve identified goals within time constraint.
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, please click apply, we’d love to hear from you. You may view the position description attached. For any further information, please contact Tiffany Elo, Recruitment Specialist - Operations at Tiffany.Elo@thesmithfamily.com.au, using the subject line: Programs Coordinator, Growing Careers enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children Checks. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
A position description is attached.