- Establish a healthy work-life balance with flexible shift patterns
- Full industry training, induction and ongoing development and career opportunities
- Benefit from salary packaging that increases your take home pay
- Work in a supportive environment
- Kirwan / Kelso / Aitkenvale
Proudly not for profit and in operation for over 60 years, Spinal Life Australia provides you with the opportunity to make a real difference in someone’s life.
When starting a career at Spinal Life, you’ll be joining a well-established team of health care workers, activists, researchers, volunteers, and friends all committed to changing the way disability is seen and creating a fairer Australia. Our clients are at the heart of our organisation and your role as a Support Worker is vital in maintaining this relationship.
About The role:
- Assisting clients/customers transferring in and out of bed, wheelchairs, using hoists when required
- Showering, bathing, dressing, personal grooming, and dental hygiene
- Personal care, including toileting, bladder, and bowel management
- Basic wound care and self-medication
- Domestic support such as meal preparation, general household cleaning and laundry
- Community access such as driving to appointments and social activities
- A variety of shifts available across 7 days. Shifts times and length of shifts will vary from client to client, throughout the morning, afternoon, evening, as well as some overnights.
- No experience is required as full industry training is provided as well as ongoing training and support.
- You will need a current Yellow Card (QLD) and a Working with Children Check (Blue Card) or be willing to apply for one
- You will also need to complete the free online NDIS Worker Orientation Module
- A current Australian driver’s licence is essential, your own vehicle is beneficial, and a smartphone device is also a requirement.
- You will need to be physically capable of constant lifting, bending, and carrying
- It is critical that you have a positive attitude, and the ability to empathetically relate to others
- Available for casual employment
Apply now and you'll enjoy all the benefits and career possibilities Spinal Life Australia has to offer.
For any enquiries on this opportunity please call Kate on 07 3435 3130.
Visit our website www.spinal.com.au for more information about what we do, our customers, and our staff.