- Maternity Leave Position (one year)
- 22.8 hours per week (hour/days negotiable)
About the Business
Council on the Ageing (COTA Victoria) is the leading not-for-profit organisation representing the interests and rights of people aged over 50 in Victoria. For 70 years in Victoria, we have led government, corporate and community thinking about the positive aspects of ageing. COTA Victoria's strategic and operational focus is on promoting older age as a time of opportunities for personal growth, contribution and self-expression.
Community Legal Centre
Seniors Rights Victoria (SRV) is both a Community Legal Centre and a program of COTA which addresses and responds to older people experiencing elder abuse. Elder abuse is any act which causes harm to an older person, carried out by someone they know and trust. Elder abuse is recognised as a form of family violence. SRV's services include a Helpline, specialist legal services, short term support and advocacy, and community education, in addition to broader policy, systemic advocacy, law reform and capacity building roles both in Victoria and nationally.
Benefits and Perks
- Rewarding Opportunity working to support the interests of older people
- An attractive remuneration package with generous salary packaging benefits
- Being part of a friendly, collaborative team that is welcoming, supportive and enjoys making a difference.
- Hybrid working model with the option for the role to work flexible hours
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced administrative officer who will provide a supporting role to staff of the Community Legal Centre who are engaged in legal, advocacy, education and project work. This is a one year maternity leave position.
The Administration Officer will work closely with the Manager of Seniors Rights Victoria and our highly skilled practitioners in the coordination and management of client information systems, ensuring the office is operating effectively through an efficient and well-functioning work environment.
To be successful in this role you will be enthusiastic, well organised; be service orientated; have excellent communication skills and a team player.
The Administration Officer is required to provide wide ranging administrative support to the Seniors Rights Victoria Team to ensure the day-to-day operation of the CLC including:
- Manage in a confidential and timely way all communications for the CLC, including prompt referral to other parts of the service.
- Draft, prepare and format general correspondence, reports and documents.
- Process purchase orders, maintain subscriptions and reconcile credit cards.
- Maintain stocks and ensure all branded collateral such as brochures, booklets and reports are current.
- Provide secretarial support to internal and external meetings including invitations, room bookings, agendas, paper circulation and minute taking.
- Arrange for travel and accommodation for members of the SRV team.
- Prepare and coordinate new team member induction programs;
- Provide event management assistance for speaker bookings, seminars, and events.
- Undertake general administrative duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, printing, and binding.
- Provide advice, develop and implement improvements to practices, policies and procedures for administration and information management.
- Maintain online and hard copy filing systems and associated registers.
- Distribute, record and monitor inbound and outbound mail and couriers.
- Data entry of client records and the preparation of statistical reports in accordance with practice standards;
- Attending team meetings and participating in strategic planning and team building activities undertaken by the service.
- Act of the health and safety representative for the unit and attend all meetings.
- Provide administrative services for the service when directed;
Key Selection Criteria
To be considered for this exciting opportunity and thrive in this role, you will possess:
- Relevant qualifications in administration, business, community services or similar.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in administration ideally within a Community Legal Centre setting.
- Good interpersonal skills, including sensitivity in communicating with older people from diverse backgrounds;
- Team player with a background of supporting a team with conflicting deadlines and priorities;
- Proactive and highly resourceful with the ability to exercise judgement and discretion;
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent written skills, with experience in supporting committees;
- Experience handling sensitive information and confidential client records (desirable);
- Demonstrated experience with content management systems (desirable), e.g. CLASS, Actionstep;
- Proficiency in Office365, including sharepoint;
- Proficiency in Video Conferencing technology, e.g. Microsoft Teams, Zoom.
For further information about the position please contact Karen Iatrou on 0417 505 900.