- Full Time Permanent role
- Based in Kangaroo Point, QLD
- Attractive Salary with great benefits
Access Community Services Limited (ACSL) is Australia's leader and specialist in settlement, employment, training and youth and social enterprises for migrants, refugees and mainstream clients, in Queensland, particularly in the South East. As a community based, not for profit organisation limited by guarantee, we boast over a 30 year history of serving our local community which was originally established in Logan in 1984. We are committed to fostering community development, youth, settlement and employment initiatives and to providing personal support programs to address the needs of disadvantaged youth and community groups including migrants, refugees, humanitarian entrants and visa holders.
The QMC Bookings & Functions Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all aspects of bookings at the Queensland Multicultural Centre in line with the Centre's vision while complying with the venue's rules and regulations and ensuring a positive experience for all venue hirers and attendees.
Key Responsibilities not limited to:
- Carry out all administrative tasks, liaise with hirers, providing a high level of customer service to assist them with their requirements to hold their events and activities at the venue.
- Accurately assess, plan and allocate resources according to event requirements.
- Liaise with external contractors required to meet the hirers' needs, e.g. Technical Contractor, Catering Providers, Security etc.
- Conduct briefings (if required) with Duty Managers and casual staff prior to the event to ensure that they are clear on all their duties from bump in to bump out and are informed of the clients' needs and booking requirements
- Assist with venue set up and brief hirers on procedures and compliance of the venue prior to events.
- As required, act as a daytime Duty Manager and provide venue tours for potential hirers.
- Ensure accurate and timely invoicing of all bookings, including cancellations fees and any additional costs.
- Allocate casual staff requirements for event bookings to enable Venue Manager to prepare the staffing roster.
- Collect, record, handle and follow up on all reports received from Duty Manages and Technicians after every event held in the venue and liaise with the Venue Manager and the Facility Coordinator (if required) in resolving any relevant issues stated and organise repairs/replacements of damaged/broken equipment in a timely manner
- Assist in monitoring, maintaining and reviewing event processes, systems and recommend efficiencies where possible.
- Maintain open communication with BEMAC managers and the BEMAC team in assisting with the delivery of BEMAC bookings and programs
- Maintain positive professional relationships with venue hirers, contractors, staff and external & internal stakeholders including Government, Community and the private sector.
- Comply with legislation, policy and procedures including workplace health and safety.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role with demonstrated experience with event management in a venue.
- Demonstrated planning, time management and multitasking skills with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret general technical requirements and provide advice working in collaboration with the venue's contractors to achieve desirable outcomes for the hirer.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of Front of House operations including box office, bar & kiosk and ushering.
- Be readily available on call after hours and weekends as required to assist venue staff and hirers during events.
- Demonstrated ability to manage all venue staffing and administrative functions.
- High Computer Literacy skills, including strong skills in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel and Word).
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience working respectfully and collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of QLD Government and BCC regulations relating to QLD Government venue compliance.
- Experience with QLD Government event management software.
- Current EWP certification.
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs;
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About our Recruitment Process
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email email@example.com, using the subject line: Bookings and Functions Coordinator - Queensland Multicultural Centre enquiry via EthicalJobs or call Vimla Khooblall on 02 8799 6700
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are warned that the following video may contain images and footage of deceased persons - viewer discretion is advised.