We are seeking a team leader/key worker to lead a small team of support workers. The team coaches and mentors a fun, outgoing 26-year-old young man who has many roles and community involvements, but wants to build his independence, gain additional employment, contribute to his community and maintain and extend his wide circle of friendships. The young man lives in his own apartment with a flatmate, works part-time, volunteers, loves socialising and maintains a healthy active lifestyle. The successful applicant will be reliable and enthusiastic, with a strong commitment to social justice and building community. Above award wage conditions apply.
The Team Leader/Key worker would be responsible for:
- Supporting the vision to pursue a unique lifestyle through the implementation of formal (paid) and informal (unpaid) supports.
- Investigating a range of employment and other opportunities within his community.
- Facilitating and leading a team through team meetings, and individual mentoring, coaching and development.
- Helping the person to create a welcoming and functional home with his flatmate, and build networks in his neighbourhood
- Rostering support, respond to roster queries, work within a budget
- Working as part of a team, yet be able to work autonomously and on task.
- Assisting with Recruitment when required.
- Demonstrated fidelity to people with disability, their families and significant others in their lives
- Demonstrated experience supporting a person with a disability to pursue a meaningful inclusive life, and encouraging a shared vision around the person
- Demonstrated understanding of working in right relationship with people with disability, their families and committed others
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills,
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as to inspire, motivate, coach and supervise a team of support workers
- Ability to think creatively and developmentally to support a young man to live, work and contribute to his community
- Have your own car and clean license
- Value and respect that you work directly for the young man and their family
- Criminal History Check e.g. Yellow Card/ NDIS workers Screening (or willing to obtain)
- Availability for at least 5-8 hours per week during weekdays, with flexibility to respond to calls at agreed times and also flexibility for evening meetings (once per 6-8 weeks)
- Reasonable location to Fairfield area – local knowledge of inner southside and proximity will be well regarded.
Job Number: EA_P_16