The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students free, quality education, 100’s of graduates access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers each year. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
St. Jude’s education program is a world class private education system designed to educate out of poverty. The focus is and has always been about the performance of the youth that it serves. By providing a disciplined and well constructed academic program, The School of St. Jude is embarking on integrating the additional elements to enhance the educational experience it provides.
Who are you?
- You have the skillset required to create a multi faceted program that drives all resources and revenues to assist the growth of the St Jude’s ARTISTS Initiative, while it enhances the academic experience.
- You possess strong business skills combined with artistic understanding knowing that the subjectivity of art is and will continue to be a Challenge and an Opportunities of self-expression, community outreach, and opportunity for sustained revenue and recognition for the students and the School.
- You are a team player who is passionate about nurturing the creative spirit across generations, is detail-oriented with strong communication and marketing skills, and has the ability to connect with educators, artists, schools, community, donors/funders, families, and youth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Enhance the existing in-School program by creating a model for after school ART Club, enhance the e dusting St Jude Cultural Day, create opportunities for weekend programs for on campus students, creating the St Jude’s on campus Art Gallery, creating opportunities for donations to the program thru multiple channels including utilising existing St. Jude’s donors and sponsors, creating and enhancing donations through Donor Recognition opportunities for Art Appreciation to include permanent wall placements on campus with plaque donation, various programs for other wall placement revenue streams, potential prints of students work along with, outside patrons and service clubs working to raise funding thru charitable avenues such as auctions and raffles to support St Jude’s.
- Promote programs through St Jude’s website, print media and social media, and in-person events; work closely with and under supervision of the Marketing and donor relations directors
- Create a sustainable program for ongoing placement of content and art for the St Jude’s website working with the marketing team.
- Create a written guideline process for hiring any assistant or additional Art staff as it relates to the ARTISTS Initiative.
- Schedule any meetings at school or other locations with appropriate St Jude staff and review existing processes and provide insight and comment for potential change to it.
- Coordinate and write programs and orientation and policies and compliance on any curriculum that may need to be reviewed and approved in all design, and documentation guidelines.
- Create or suggest existing software for tracking of artwork made available for the revenue stream. This requires working with the leadership team of St Jude’s.
- Work with marketing team to create an invoice for any and all sales or donations out
- Establish a program to analyse effectiveness of program goals and objectives on a semi-annual basis.
FUNDRAISING & ORGANISATIONAL INITIATIVES
- Provide support with all fundraising efforts related to education programs (i.e. grant writing/ reports, auctions (live, silent, raffle) fund-a-need programs, and outreach. Compiling data and visual materials, letters of support, solicitations for donations from local and international contacts).
- Help coordinate major fundraising events through School leadership committee participation; create policy for support manual for recruitment and training of volunteers or CSY and identify the criteria to supervise the Education Interns.
- Create process and policy on operational responsibility for maintaining gallery hours, assisting with special events including student artists’ showings or presentations, create 3-4 specific gallery openings, donor cultivation, and write policy for it as it relates in a digital and functional space.
- Attend staff, programming, marketing meetings and serve on committees as appointed by St. Jude -like auction and strategic planning once the program receives approval.
What we’re looking for
- BA and/or Master degree in Art, Art Education, Education, Art History, or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience facilitating art education to youth and/or adults in a professional setting.
- Proven track record of success in program management and sensitivity to and understanding of the needs and interests of diverse artists and School of St. Jude.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing/outreach and/or creative problem solving skills.
- Has an overall positive attitude, a strong interest in learning, shows personal initiative, and ability to work as a team member in a fast paced creative environment.
- Excellent written, verbal communications, and computer skills, including experience using Google Drive, Excel, Filemaker, Artbase, Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite, applicable fine art software.
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania.
- A local wage that will allow you to live comfortably in Arusha – a vibrant gateway to Tanzania’s world-famous national parks.
- International Employees Benefits Package including: housing benefit allowance and access to furnished on-campus accommodation (WiFi included); plus contract completion incentives.
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days).
- 28 days annual leave per 12 month period (pro-rated for contracts less than 12 months).
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees.
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
International applicants are highly encouraged to apply. You must be willing to relocate to Arusha, Tanzania for a minimum 24 month commitment.