Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students free, quality education and 100’s of graduates access to higher education each year. This year, we provided more than 30,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- You love communications, creating change and driving an impact through your work.
- You are a natural storyteller with robust communication skills, particularly in writing.
- You have solid experience in thinking holistically about an organisation, its growth and how its mission can be described and shared to retain a wide international supporter-base.
- You are collaborative and love working with a broad range of stakeholders, including students.
- You are committed to understanding an organisation’s distinct language and culture and translating that to an international supporter-base.
- You have an eye for photography and video content, able to plan, assist, and mentor photographers in creation of compelling videos and photos.
- You are interested in mentoring, growing and developing a team’s content creation skills and creativity while revitalising and innovating new content to keep sponsors engaged.
- You are a creative, innovative and collaborative worker who can work across multiple projects at once.
- You go to sleep at night dreaming about how to create the most informative, compelling and engaging content.
What you’ll do
- As the Sponsor Relations Content Creator, you will help create engaging, new updates about the school for sponsors.
- From day to day you will be drafting and editing communications materials, assisting in content planning, and mentoring team members; expanding their writing skills and idea generation.
- You will work within our Head Office, collaborating and mentoring a team of 20 people, to create, evolve, and edit communications materials.
- You will have this innate ability to be able to understand and translate the school’s mission into well-crafted stories that resonate with sponsors of scholarships and programs.
- You will have six months to work with and produce compelling communications materials while developing skills within the team.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years’ experience in communications, marketing, digital marketing or public relations.
- Tertiary qualifications, or equivalent experience, in communications, donor relations, marketing or related fields.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and relationship management skills, with the ability to write and edit content to suit a wide supporter base.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the development of high-quality, targeted communications and marketing materials using language guidelines.
- Proven ability to contribute to a cohesive team environment by sharing information, supporting team priorities and ensuring open communication.
- Naturally inquisitive, thrives on troubleshooting and finding creative solutions.
- Comfortable liaising at all levels with internal and external stakeholders.
- Willing to relocate to Arusha, Tanzania for six months.
- Team player that loves to share ideas with an upbeat positive attitude, you thrive on creating challenges, and have a great sense of humour!
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A local wage that will allow you to live comfortably in Arusha – a vibrant gateway to Tanzania’s world-famous national parks
- International Employees Benefits Package including: housing benefit allowance and access to furnished on-campus accommodation (WiFi included); plus contract completion incentives
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
An application form is attached.