We’re leaders in mental health service delivery, specialising in working with adults and young people, and in early childhood intervention.
Stride is a name that expresses our ambition – it’s a name that’s purposeful and shows awareness of the important role we play in the recovery journey.
As we embark on the next stage of our journey, join us to make a difference. We're here to Stride.
Head to Health is an innovative mental health service funded by Primary Health Tasmania, providing a one stop hub and support for people aged 18 years and over currently experiencing or having experienced mental health issues.
- Based in Launceston.
- Full-time & Permanent (part-time may be considered).
- Paying on HPSS level 3 plus Super.
- Salary Packaging options (up to $15,899 tax free!).
- Meals and entertainment allowance of up to $2,650!
- Leave loading at 17.5%
- Paid parental leave.
- Stride Rewards – access to discounts from 100s of retailers (fashion, food and fitness).
- Reflective practice supervision.
- Excellent training and career development.
- Supportive team environment.
- One paid wellbeing leave day per year.
- Purchase up to 5 additional leave days in a 12 month period (pro rata entitlement if part-time).
- Deliver contemporary level of profession specific clinical services: intake, assessment, clinical brief intervention treatment and evaluation.
- Brief Intervention Model of care; up to 6 session, short term, goal orientated focused psychological therapy.
- Participate as a member of the mental health team in providing comprehensive mental health assessment, case coordination, intervention or group work as required; with specific responsibility to provide Brief Interventions to a Case Load.
- Provide Brief Interventions to people on the waitlist for Private Providers; in accordance with Treatment Recommendations made at Case Review; short term therapy goals required and handover to allocated Private Provider, session planning and case review and or closure process where clinically indicated.
- Complete Intake Assessments as required.
- Must have one of the following: General or Provisional AHPRA registration as a Psychologist, Mental Health Occupational Therapist, Mental Health Nurse OR Social Worker with AASW registration/eligibility OR Counsellor with Level 2 PACFA or ACA registration.
- Demonstrated highly competent level of knowledge and skill to undertake routine clinical practice with a comprehensive understanding within the continuum of care.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in a multidisciplinary team utilising comprehensive communication skills to establish effective partnerships and provide consultation to the team as well as government and other non-government service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the professional development of self and others through education, professional networking and application of evidence based practice.
- Demonstrating a comprehensive level of profession specific knowledge, expertise and skill; specifically Brief Intervention Models of Care.
- Must be eligible to apply/currently hold a WWVP.
- Must hold/be willing to apply for NDIS worker screening clearance.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all positions (in accordance with Public Health Orders, Work Health and Safety and duty of care obligations for staff and participants/students). As part of the recruitment process Stride requests evidence of vaccination status (in accordance with privacy principles) to ensure compliance with all government orders and directives.
Stride is an inclusive workplace and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds in order to enhance the depth of cultural diversity and insight within our workforce.
This includes but is not limited to people with a lived-experience of mental health recovery, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Applications will be reviewed and actioned upon receipt.
For queries email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Intake / Brief Intervention Clinician - Head to Health - Launceston enquiry via EthicalJobs.