It's an exciting time to be part of our journey. You may have noticed we've changed our name from Aftercare to Stride.
We are leaders in mental health service delivery, specialising in working with adults and young people, and in early childhood intervention.
Stride is a name that expresses our ambition – it’s a name that’s purposeful and shows awareness of the important role we play in the recovery journey.
As we embark on our next stage, join us to make a difference. We're here to Stride.
About the service:
headspace centres act as a one-stop-shop for young people who need help with mental health, physical health, alcohol and other drugs and/or work and study support.
- 1 position - Meadowbrook - Part-time (0.6FTE) & Permanent
- 2 positions - Beaudesert - Part-time (0.8FTE - Monday to Thursday) & Permanent
- Paying on HPSS Level 3 plus Super
- Plus Leave loading at 17.5%
- Plus Salary Packaging options (up to $15,899 tax free!!)
- Plus meals and entertainment allowance of up to $2,650!!
- Paid parental leave
- Company rewards scheme
- Excellent training and development
- Supportive team environment
About the role:
As an Intake Clinician you will be responsible for delivering contemporary level of profession specific clinical services assessment, treatment and evaluation within a multidisciplinary team in accordance with prescribed professional and ethical standards and applying clinical protocols including documentation.
- Provide comprehensive mental health assessment, case management, intervention or group work as required
- Participate in the provision of appropriate mental health education programs for health professionals, community-based services and community groups.
- Participate in the identification, development and implementation of quality and service improvement activities that continually improve client care and enhance the delivery of services within a multidisciplinary team and the service.
- Liaise with Senior Intake Officer to monitor and manage client pathways
- Deliver high quality evidence based clinical care as a member of the multidisciplinary team to achieve better health outcomes for young people aged 12-25 years seeking to access primary care, mental healthcare, alcohol and drug services and social, educational and vocational services
- Either of the following: Provisional/General AHPRA registration as a Psychologist, AHPRA registration as an Occupational Therapist or Mental Health Nurse OR Tertiary level education in Social Work with AASW registration/eligibility.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill to undertake routine clinical practice with a superior understanding within the continuum of care.
- Ability to participate in a multidisciplinary team utilising high level communication skills to establish effective partnerships and provide consultation to the team as well as government and other non-government service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the professional development of self and others through education, professional networking and application of evidence-based practice
Stride is an inclusive workplace and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. This includes but is not limited to people with a lived-experience of mental health recovery, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role. Please stipulate in your cover letter if you are interested in Meadowbrook and/or Beaudesert.
Applications will be viewed and actioned upon receipt. Please note the closing date may end sooner if sufficient applications have been received.