We are leaders in mental health service delivery, specialising in working with adults and young people, and in early childhood intervention.
Stride is a name that expresses our ambition – it’s a name that’s purposeful and shows awareness of the important role we play in the recovery journey.
As we embark on our next stage, join us to make a difference. We're here to Stride.
- Based in one of the following sites; Kallangur, Taigum or Aspley
- Full-time & Permanent
- Excellent Base salary plus super
- Plus Salary Packaging options (up to $15,899 tax free!!)
- Plus meals and entertainment allowance of up to $2,650!!
- Leave loading at 17.5%
- One paid wellbeing leave day per year
- Purchase up to 5 additional leave days in a 12 month period (pro rata entitlement if part-time)
- Parental Leave
- Stride Rewards – access to discounts from 100s of retailers (fashion, food and fitness)
- Excellent training and development
- Supportive team environment
- The Service Leader works in close partnership with the Service Manager to provide leadership, practice development and mentoring sessions to a team of support workers.
- The focus of this role is on the day to day delivery of excellence in quality care provision
- Facilitate and monitor the integration and coordination of care of clients
- Operational management of a team of Residential Support Workers including disciplinary measures and grievance, recruitment and selection, personal career development, statutory and mandatory training, and delegating as appropriate
- Provide high-level service input and advice to Stride staff and other stakeholders, ensuring high standards of client care at all times
- Monitors and reviews the systems and processes used in Client Services. The collected information is used to analyse service delivery outcomes and to enhance the effectiveness of support for persons with a mental illness.
- This role involves an on call component. May also include weekend and shift work when required.
- Ideally a completed degree but will also consider a Diploma or Cert IV in a relevant discipline
- Ideally a minimum of 1 years’ experience leading a team or a Senior Support Worker that has demonstrated experience mentoring and coaching other support workers
- Ability to consult and engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in working within a residential recovery and resilience based model
- Experience and skills in working with people experiencing mental illness
- Demonstrated capacity to relate to clients and other stakeholders with dignity and respect
- Ability to think and act calmly and deal sensitively with distressed people
- Commitment to professional development and willingness to participate in training as required
- Proficiency in use of computer and Microsoft office
- Must be eligible to apply/currently hold a Blue Card
- Must hold/be willing to apply for NDIS worker screening clearance
- You must hold a current drivers license and have access to a reliable motor vehicle.
- All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence of compliance with COVID-19 vaccination Public Health Orders (where relevant)
Stride is an inclusive workplace and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds in order to enhance the depth of cultural diversity and insight within our workforce.
This includes but is not limited to people with a lived-experience of mental health recovery, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Applications will be viewed and actioned upon receipt.