We are leaders in mental health service delivery, specialising in working with adults and young people, and in early childhood intervention.
Stride is a name that expresses our ambition – it’s a name that’s purposeful and shows awareness of the important role we play in the recovery journey.
As we embark on our next stage, join us to make a difference. We're here to Stride.
- Casual positions available
- Opportunities based at various Stride sites across Northern Brisbane (mainly Griffin & Aspley)
- Paying on Schads Level 3 Plus Super
- May be eligible for Salary packaging options (up to $15,899 tax free!!)
- Stride Rewards – access to discounts from 100s of retailers (fashion, food and fitness)
- Excellent training & career development
- Supportive team environment
- Provide quality support and services to people with a mental illness, who live in supported accommodation.
- Provide support that is client focused, community oriented, and sensitive.
- Assist people with a mental illness to maintain key organisational and other relationships, which facilitate independent living.
- Increase access and equity for clients within a "collaborative recovery model of psychosocial rehabilitation".
- Assist people with mental illness to improve daily living skills.
- Encourage clients to practice personal hygiene and educate on healthy living habits
- Encourage clients to assist in daily household tasks.
- Mentor clients in building productive relationships and using effective conflict resolution strategies.
- Minimum of Cert IV in mental health or community services related discipline (ideally a completed diploma or Bachelors)
- Demonstrated effective listening, empathy and communication skills
- Experience in working with people experiencing mental illness
- Ability to think and act calmly and deal sensitively with distressed people
- Understanding of the principles of duty of care, rights to privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to help program participants link in with other relevant community resources and to promote the rights, responsibilities and recovery of program participants
- Demonstrated ability to work with families, carers, government agencies and community services
- Willingness to abide by the Disability Services Acts and Standards and Work Health & Safety Act
- Competence with Microsoft Office
- Must be available for both day, weekend and overnight shifts
- Current driver's license
- Must be eligible to apply/currently hold a Blue Card
- Must hold/be willing to apply for NDIS worker screening clearance
Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for some positions (in accordance with Public Health Orders, Work Health and Safety and duty of care obligations for staff and participants/students). As part of the recruitment process Stride requests evidence of vaccination status (in accordance with privacy principles) to ensure compliance with all government orders and directives.
Stride is an inclusive workplace and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds in order to enhance the depth of cultural diversity and insight within our workforce.
This includes but is not limited to people with a lived-experience of mental health recovery, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities.
To apply click Apply Now and complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Applications will be viewed and actioned upon receipt.