- SCHCADS Award Level 4: $74-79k + super + salary packaging.
- Great not-for-profit salary packaging tax-free benefits: increasing pay package to $84k +
- Amazing opportunity to bring your innovative and creative ideas to this newly created role.
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society.
We believe our employees are key to our success and offer Learning and Development programs to enhance and grow your career across a range of teams and services. Our staff are recognised for their achievements and are offered promotional opportunities on a meritocracy basis within a collegiate and values driven team environment and culture.
Your new role:
An innovative and dynamic role where you will develop creative ways to build the well-being and social engagement opportunities of people accessing the Ozanam Learning Centres - Living Skills Program. You will also use your knowledge and experience of homelessness to collaborate with local services and provide vital outreach community support, with the aim of maximising community participation and promoting the activities that the OLC provides to the local community.
- Implement strategies that maximise participation, consultation, collaboration, partnerships and referrals.
- Coordinate, develop and facilitate activities, workshops or programs focused on Living Skills, to assist people with transitioning away from homelessness.
- Work collaboratively to ensure that there is a supportive, safe and comfortable environment fostered for visitors of the OLC.
- Provide community outreach support and promote activities of the vital work the OLC does.
- Create strategies that maximise consumer participation & identify opportunities for partnerships that contribute to stronger & more connected communities.
- Promote activities of the OLC and create strategies that maximise consumer participation, consumer consultation, partnerships and referrals.
- Assess the needs and respond to changes in behaviour of people we assist and provide appropriate information, support and referral.
- Develop, implement, and maintain feedback, evaluation processes and rigorous data capture that promote participation and that contribute to continuous improvement.
To be successful, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in community development, social work, community services and/or educational program.
- Experience, knowledge, or willingness to provide outreach support to people experiencing homelessness.
- Able to work collaboratively with stakeholders and build partnerships with local services to promote community engagement.
- Demonstrated understanding of community development and asset-based community development.
- Demonstrated experience working with those who experience social exclusion due to homelessness, the impact of trauma, mental health issues, unemployment or alcohol/drug issues.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating programs, events, and activities for socially excluded / vulnerable groups of people within a community setting.
- Excellent organisational/time management skills & the ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing work tasks to agreed deadlines.
- Drivers Licence (Unrestricted Class C).
- High level computer literacy.
- St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment.
If this sounds like you,don't wait - apply now, we are interviewing applications as we receive them. Submit your application with a resume and cover letter which addresses the key requirements of the Position Description.
Information on how to apply.
If you have questions about this role, please email John Cavanough (Team Leader - Ozanam Learning Centre) on John.Cavanough@vinnies.org.au using the subject line: Activities Outreach Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs quote: Outreach Coordinator/ VIN2746.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society's commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.