- Opportunity to make a difference in a purpose-led organisation
- Not-for-profit salary packaging tax-free benefits!
- SCHCADS Award Level 4, $74-80k + super + salary packaging
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, who's key values is to shape a more just and compassionate society.
We believe our employees are key to our success and offer Learning and Development programs to enhance and grow your career across a range of teams and services. Our staff are recognised for their achievements and are offered promotional opportunities on a meritocracy basis within a collegiate and values driven team environment and culture.
The Case Worker will is a vital role providing case-work support to people accessing Vinnies homelessness and housing services.
- Case manage persons who are accommodated to ensure their accommodation remains stable and conducting risk assessments where appropriate.
- Undertake home visits with clients located in temporary, transitional or permanent accommodation.
- Where appropriate develop case plans with the clients, provide ongoing support to achieve the case plan and monitor, review and follow up the case plan.
- Create collaborative partnerships with other key stakeholders and services.
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment for clients who are accessing the service
- Meeting service targets as required by the manager, collecting and collating statistics and data as required.
- Ensure that effective risk management protocols and procedures are in place to ensure compliance with legal, employment and governance requirements.
This role will report to the Team Leader, Freds Place.
To be successful, you will need:
- Minimum TAFE Certificate IV or currently undertaking tertiary study, in welfare or related field.
- Previous experience providing support to marginalised and vulnerable people support to homeless persons.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues relating to homelessness including family breakdown, mental illness, drug, alcohol and gambling addictions.
- Demonstrated awareness of appropriate local community support services for homeless clients, including government agencies and NGO's, and the capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with such service providers.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and sound computer skills.
- Awareness and understanding of the Work Health and Safety legislation and a commitment to promoting safe work practices.
- NSW driver licence.
- St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment.
If this sounds like you, don't wait - apply now, we are interviewing applications as we receive them. Submit your application with a resume and cover letter which addresses the key requirements of the position description.
Information on how to apply.
If you have questions about this role, please email Julian DeRidder on: Julian.DeRidder@vinnies.org.au using the subject line: Case Worker - Fred's Place enquiry via EthicalJobs quoting ref number VIN2607.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society's commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check, Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.