- SCHCADS Level 5: from 88k + super + not for profit salary packaging benefits
- Salary packaging tax-free benefits| increases pay package to up to 107k.
- This role provides ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Highly rewarding leadership role, enhancing the lives of young people with a disability.
We believe our employees are key to our success and offer Learning and Development programs to enhance and grow your career across a range of teams and services.
Our staff are recognised for their achievements and are offered promotional opportunities on a meritocracy basis within a collegiate and values driven team environment and culture.
Your new role:
The Team Leader - Accommodation is a challenging but rewarding role, the leadership you provide will enhance the lives of people living with a disability. This is a great opportunity to grow your leadership skills whilst supporting and mentoring a diverse and dedicated team of support workers. The vital support that you provide will encourage developmental opportunities and supported decision-making.
- Coordinate all aspects of the onsite accommodation services including relevant documentation is completed, such as shift changeover processes, the daily activities of clients/staff and the development of rosters, ensuring that all shifts are adequately filled and align to the roster of care.
- Build and maintain a current working knowledge of local community supports and services to ensure a holistic person-centred approach to service.
- Provide support to people with disabilities in areas such as personal care, health and well-being, accessing the local community, learning independent living skills and implementation of all supports.
- Provide leadership to direct reports including onsite leadership, regular staff check ins, supervision & PPG meetings.
- Participate in the on-call roster to assist with issues relating to clients, staff, rosters, facilities or any other after hour matters as they may arise.
- Ensure a safe working environment for members, staff and volunteers by implementing the Society's workplace health and safety practices.
- Ensure that effective risk management protocols and procedures are in place to ensure compliance with legal, employment and governance requirements including the NDIS Quality and Safeguard Standards
This role will report to the Cluster Manager, Accommodation Services.
To be successful, you will need:
- Minimum TAFE Certificate IV /Relevant tertiary qualification/s and / or demonstrated experience in community services and / or other relevant area.
- Experience working with challenging and diverse client groups with the ability to use sound judgement and act appropriately in crisis and emergency situations
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience in staff supervision/site management.
- Demonstrated ability and confidence in the management of complex and challenging behaviours, restrictive practices, and participant situations.
- High level of computer literacy and experience in the use of various computer applications and systems
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, including cultural sensitivity and cross-culture communication
- Current First Aid certificate & NSW driver licence (willingness to travel)
- NDIS New Worker Screening and the Certificate of completion for The NDIS Worker Orientation Module - Quality, Safety & You or willingness to obtain Certificate of completion.
- It is a condition of employment that you comply with the Society's Pandemic Policy - COVID-19 and Public Health Orders in order to work in or enter Society facilities, noting that all staff working in our aged care and disability services require a booster. In accordance with our policy, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status or a valid medical exemption as part of the resourcing process.
If this sounds like you, don't wait to apply - we are interviewing suitable applications as we receive them and move quickly to fill this role.
Submit your application with a resume and cover letter which addresses the key requirements of the Position Description.
See also our Information on how to apply.
If you have questions about this role, please email Diana Smith on Diana.firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Team Leader - Disability Accommodation enquiry via EthicalJobs, quoting: Team Leader /VIN2719.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society's commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.