- Full Time Position 37.5 hour week
- Start February 2022
- Sydney South West Location
- Salary commensurate with experience and skills + super + salary packaging tax benefit
South West Connect (SWC) is a successful not-for-profit organisation committed to empowering young people in South West Sydney to create their own futures.
The Workplace Learning Team organises a one week workplacement in businesses for Year 11 & 12 VET students to enhance the skills learnt in the classroom and to prepare them for the workplace.
We are seeking an experienced, organised, motivated Administrator with strong customer service skills. The role will include coordinating student work placements with schools and employers processing and documenting all changes and other administrative duties.
Join us in creating opportunities for young people to realise their educational, social and employment potential.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to work for an exciting, well established not for profit organisation
- Opportunity to grow and develop in an encouraging team
- Work for an organisation that is committed to a high level of customer service
- Salary Packaging benefits
- Extra leave during school holidays negotiable
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To take a proactive, team and solution approach to completing your tasks and achieving the goals of SWC
- Enter employer, placement & student registration details, evaluation comments onto database
- Produce workplacement details and respond to workplacement changes with schools
- Call employers and monitor students and record details of calls/emails made, on database
- Problem solve and take responsibility for problems discovered
- Call existing employers to arrange workplacements for schools
- Actively contribute to team environment
- Maintain quality standards of customer service
What you will bring to the role:
- Experience in administration and customer service roles
- Clear confident telephone manner and strong customer service skills
- Competency and accuracy in computer skills – SWC utilises Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Teams, Pathways Database, Spreadsheets, Zoom, Canva, Adobe.
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to demonstrate initiative
- Awareness of need for confidentiality
- Appropriate decision-making skills
- Professional presentation
- Mature, reliable work ethic
Additional Information | Requirements
- This full time position is based at Bossley Park Community Centre. Occasionally, a requirement of this role is to travel to various locations including businesses and schools in the Fairfield and Liverpool LGA’s. Therefore, you must have access to an insured vehicle (kilometre allowance payable)
- This role is 37.5 hour per week, 4 weeks Annual Leave per annum to be taken during the Christmas and New Year period
- To be eligible for this role, you must have the right to live and work in Australia, complete a satisfactory Police Check and Working with Children Check along with a current Drivers Licence.
- This role at SWC involves working on projects delivered on site at Aged Care Facilities. They require all visitors to show proof of immunisation before entering their Aged Care Facility. SWC also interacts with thousands of students and teachers at Expos, Summits, workshops and excursions. To safely perform your role, you are required to have and provide proof of taking the Influenza and COVID-19 vaccines.
- Please go to the swconnect.org.au website, review the resources and video, then Complete the SWC application form
If you have the relevant skills, experience and attributes to successfully execute the role, please submit a covering letter explaining how you match the requirements of this position and your resume.
We look forward to receiving your application. Shortlisting and interviews will take place in early 2022.
Important Note: Please ensure you follow the recruitment process outlined on our website and in the next "How to Apply" section, otherwise you may not be considered for the role.