SYC has a relentless belief in people and their potential. We provide services that foster wellbeing, independence and opportunity for all Australians.
A not-for-profit organisation, SYC invests back into the Australian community, helping tens of thousands of people every year with housing, education and employment. Founded in 1958 to support young people experiencing disadvantage, we now extend this expertise to people of all ages.
A great opportunity to be part of SYC’s Communications and Marketing team. We are seeking for a Part time (0.6 FTE), Partnerships and Fundraising Coordinator who will be based in our corporate office in Kent Town.
About the Role…
This role will coordinate a variety of partnership activities including fundraising, corporate sponsorship, project, and events. You will be supporting the development and implementation of strategies to ensure community and business support for SYC's services.
Duties of the successful applicant include:
- Coordinate and in some cases manage the preparation, promotion, and organisation of various SYC events, displays and presentations
- Coordinate “thank you” communications with SYC donors and supporters
- working within clearly defined parameters, establish and renew donation agreements and contracts with third parties
- Work collaboratively with the Communications and Marketing team to develop and maintain materials for the promotion of SYC fundraising products
- Ensure SYC's digital and social media presence supports Partnerships and priorities
- Build relationships and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure community and business awareness and support for SYC services
- Proactively undertake and lead allocated projects
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field (e.g. Public Relations, Communications etc.) or currently working towards is desirable.
- Proven experience in successfully developing and implementing fundraising campaigns
- Previous event coordination/management experience is highly desirable
- Highly collaborative, energetic, creative and strategic professional
- Time management and organisation skills, able to plan, prioritise and achieve outcomes and successfully meet deadlines and KPIs
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse range of people both internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills-both verbal and written
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Social media as business communication tool
Why join our team?
- Salary Packaging Benefits
- Loyalty Leave
- Birthday Leave
- More Personal Leave
- Extra Annual Leave at half pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Discounted Private Health Cover
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Beaurepaires Benefits
For more information about this role please visit our website: https://www.syc.net.au/about-us/join-our-team/positions-vacant/.