SYC has a relentless belief in people and their potential. We provide services that foster wellbeing, independence and opportunity for all Australians.
As a not-for-profit organisation, SYC invests back into the Australian community, helping tens of thousands of people every year with housing, education and employment. Founded in 1958 to support young people experiencing disadvantage, we now extend this expertise to people of all ages.
ABOUT THE POSITION & PROGRAM
SYC is now looking for an applicant with experience in youth work for the position of 'Youth in Work Coach' within the Sticking Together Project.
The Sticking Together Project has developed, in partnership with young people, an evidenced based coaching model that supports them to identify their barriers to employment, get a job and 'stick at it'.
This position will be based in the Illawarra, NSW region!
As the Youth In Work Coach you will:
- Be passionate about young people, with experience in the youth and community sector. A background in youth work would be a big advantage!
- Introduce the Sticking Together Project to allocated groups of young people and provide tailored support that develop the identified gains in personal capabilities, skills and needs within their action plans.
- Provide one-to-one coaching to a group of 25 active participants, consistent with specifically developed program tools and adapted as personal circumstances change.
- Develop a goals and progress schedule for each participant to enable personal commitment and progress tracking as well as for project reporting purposes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers and stakeholders who may provide referrals, influence outcomes, and provide opportunities or support for your participant group.
- Be a go getter who is self-motivated to provide coaching to young people whilst juggling the required administrative tasks.
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline relevant to youth work or social services is essential.
- Proven experience in effectively engaging and working with disadvantaged young people (16-25 years age range) in a coaching/development role to build personal action plans and self-efficacy.
- Experience in delivering services in a contractual outcome-based team environment and working to key performance indicators.
- Experience working in partnership with other support services to address young people's barriers to obtaining and maintaining employment (e.g. mental health, housing, legal, substance use).
- Strong computer literacy, and experience using Office365
- Must have a current and valid driver's licence and your own registered vehicle with a 4-5 star ANCAP safety rating.
SYC is a diverse organisation that offers perks, such as:
- Salary Packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Discounted Private Health Cover
- More Personal Leave
- Loyalty Leave
- Birthday Leave
- Extra Annual Leave at half pay
Find out more here, https://www.syc.net.au/about-us/work-for-us/.
Click the 'Apply for this job" button and include a cover letter with your resume.
Please direct any questions regarding this role to Elaine Yallop, Program Manager, at EYallop@syc.net.au, using the subject line: Youth In Work Coach - Illawarra enquiry via EthicalJobs.
SYC is a Child Safe organisation and will require the successful applicant to complete pre-employment checks including a Child Related Employment Screening/ WWCC and a National Police Check.
SYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer we are proud of our diverse workforce. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people with disabilities to apply.