About Tara Climate
Tara Climate is a new philanthropic initiative headquartered in Singapore. Driven by the urgency of the climate crisis, Tara Climate’s vision is a just and thriving Asia powered by renewable energy. Our mission is to support a diverse group of partners to accelerate Asia’s energy transformation. Tara Climate funds think tanks, civil society, research organisations and other non-state actors, and our mandate includes Southeast Asia, East Asia excluding China, and South Asia excluding India.
Tara has a team of more than 27 people located around the region. Tara plays three main roles in the region: providing grants to a diverse group of partners in the region, developing strategy, and convening partners within and across the region.
About the role
The position is an excellent opportunity to work within a professional and developing organisation and to gain first-hand insight into grantmaking, clean energy acceleration, and climate change. We are looking for someone with an enthusiasm to combat the climate crisis and are excited to assist our program team to do their best work.
The Program Assistant will assist the Regional Program Director and support the Program Leadership Team in a broad suite of duties, including the following:
- Organising and scheduling meetings for leadership team members, including complex multi-participant and multi-time zone calls.
- Remind the Regional Program Director of important tasks and deadlines, ensuring effective and timely response to key stakeholders.
- Helping the leadership team with organising of travel and sites visits.
- Helping the program team with the planning and organisation of annual meetings and events.
- Assisting the program team with research and writing tasks and preparation of documents and materials.
- Preparing documents for meetings including Board meetings and internal meetings.
- General communications related support - including formatting and/or coordinating with designers to format MS Word and PPT documents.
- Any other task as assigned from time to time.
The Programme Assistant will report to the Regional Program Director and will collaborate closely with the program leadership team.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
We are looking for a candidate who is excited by the prospect of working for a dynamic and fast-growing organisation with a mission to solve the climate crisis.
The suitable candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- At least 2 years relevant work experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English essential, ability to communicate in another regional language a plus
- Strong administrative and computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and a strong design sense and ability to design in PPT
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with a proven ability to take direction and initiative, work well under pressure, and be a creative problem-solver;
- Excellent attention to detail, work ethic and ability to prioritise tasks;
- Flexible working hours over international timezones required
- Experience working in an international team environment desirable
- Impeccable ethics, working confidentially and operating with high security.
What we can offer you
- A unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international team who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A highly flexible self-managed approach in terms of day-to-day arrangements.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and country benchmarks, and a generous leave policy
- An initial 12-month contract, with high possibility for renewal
The role is a remote role and can be located in the Australia/Asia timezones.