Move your career into new Territory – the Northern Territory!
Thamarrurr Development corporation (TDC) is a Not-for-Profit, registered charitable organisation, owned by the members of members of the Wangka, Tjanpa and Lirrga peoples. The position, based in the Palumpa Community, NT, is located approx 380km's drive from Darwin in the Western Daly River region – an area rich in cultures, wildlife, and ecosystems.
About the role:
We are seeking 2 x Job Seeker Programme facilitators to join our dynamic Community Development Programme team, formerly the Remote Jobs and Communities Programme. The Programme Facilitators work closely with the local jobseekers by facilitating realistic and meaningful activities that assist people to overcome barriers to employment and ensure required information is accurately captured and recorded in a case management framework.
The roles and accommodation provided are ideally suited for a couple or individuals able to work closely as a team.
Ready to broaden your knowledge and skillsets in a demanding but stimulating and rewarding role? Relish the day-to-day challenges of a varied range of duties? Keen to learn both from and with the local Indigenous people? Have a yen to work in some truly remote and ruggedly beautiful areas of the “Top End”?
If you enjoy mentoring others, are well organised and have a genuine empathy and understanding of the barriers and challenges faced, when living and working in remote communities, this position will play to your strengths.
Main duties include:
- Work collaboratively with the relevant Employment & Training teams to provide high quality work, to ensure all relevant information is entered accurately and meets compliance requirements
- Work with the Employment & Training teams to provide supervision and operational support to facilitate the day-to-day delivery of WFD activities and ensure case management practice is aligned with the contractual obligations
- Develop effective and positive relationships with all stakeholders to support achieving CDP outcomes,
- Organise appropriate interventions and strategies to help job seekers find and maintain employment, utilising support services where necessary to achieve KPIs
- Provide leadership and strategic guidance to CDP Activity Supervisors and Job Seekers to support and encourage Job seekers to participate appropriately, including those with disabilities, partial work capacity and multiple barriers.
- Maintain and build upon knowledge of job opportunities, support services and indigenous cultural support services and training opportunities.
To be successful you’ll have:
- Sound organisational skills including attention to detail, and the ability to work autonomously with limited supervision as well as participate in a team environment
- A high level of leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in customer service, recruitment, employment services or related human services
- Ability to work within a compliance framework and achieve results in a timely fashion
- Have previous experience in developing high quality relationships with people from different linguistic and cultural backgrounds (especially indigenous peoples)
- Empathy and understanding of issues and challenges faced by staff and job seekers in remote communities
- Resilience, cheerfulness and a willing “can-do” attitude
Essential Licences/ Clearances:
- Hold minimum current Class C NT driver’s Licence
- Ability to obtain and maintain Northern Land Council Work & Residential Permits
- Ability to obtain a National Police Clearance (with assistance)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Working with Children Clearance (Ochre card)
- Ability to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Competitive salary, paid weekly
- 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading, giving you the chance to explore Australian Outback or return home for holidays
- Full time, fixed term contract, with the opportunity of extension,
- As we are a Not-for-Profit organisation, salary packaging up to $15,899 per FBT year to reduce tax and increase your take home pay plus a Meals and Entertainment card,
- Remote Area allowances as calculated each year through the ATO
- Up to $1,500 reimbursement towards relocation expenses
- TDC Incentive Allowance of up to $1,300 per year, paid weekly
- Subsidised, fully furnished single or couple accommodation provided
- Free professional development and training
- Excellent fishing and outdoor activities on your doorstop
- Relish in discovering the art & culture, the people and the region
- Ideal opportunity to work with a people-based organisation and contribute towards the community
For a copy of the Position Description and general information, please contact email@example.com, using the subject line: Job Seeker Programme Facilitator enquiry via EthicalJobs.