Do you want to be part of the next exciting chapter of this hugely successful, rapidly expanding IoT Australian company in the water industry? Make a difference!
Water is a scare resource and it’s only getting more challenging.
Australia is the driest continent and other countries face the same challenges as us. We are one of the market leaders for smart water monitoring solutions, from remote IOT devices to water software.
Our software solutions are used by consumers, industry and utilities, and capture data from water meters along with sensors in the environment. Want to know more? See one of Taggle’s water management SaaS platform, aqualus.com.
Taggle is embarking on a period of significant growth, and you could be part of this success. We are looking for an energetic, experienced and passionate team player to joint our quest to better manage water, here in Australia and globally.
Taggle Systems Pty Ltd (“Taggle”) has developed a Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) radio technology which offers low-cost, low-power long range communications for many types of sensors and instruments. Using this new technology, Taggle is deploying Australia’s only dedicated m2m network to enable the cost-effective collection of data from thousands of IoT devices across the water industry. The culture is one of high performance and intelligence within a flexible environment.
A strong resource infrastructure is in place with a talented leadership team, managers and employees, and it is well poised for future growth. Employees are dedicated and believe in the benefits of Taggle’s products and services to promote a sustainable environment.
Taggle Systems is committed to accelerating the growth of the business and have identified numerous opportunities for the Company to expand its product / services offering into new market segments, and across new geographic footprints.
The Sales Director will report to the CEO, work with the executive team, and lead a small team of experienced sales people to plan, set and drive the strategic and operational aspects of sales, especially new business, and also manage and grow Taggle’s sales through its global Partner, Honeywell.
As part of the senior leadership team, the Sales Director is accountable for the strategic leadership, planning, organisation, delivery and performance of Taggle’s sales team to meet sales revenue targets, build strong customer engagement and to drive Taggle’s growth and success in new and existing markets in Australia. The Asia Pacific region may also open up to growth opportunities in the future.
The focus will be on identifying new business, qualifying the opportunities and collaborating with internal resources to support the sale, and secure the business for Taggle.
- Grow the business in Australia from an established base within Australia directly and through partners, particularly utilising the company’s strategic alliance with Honeywell
- Provide on-going and accurate visibility / status of pipeline and forecast to the CEO and executive
- Lead and grow the capacity of the sales team, leveraging key personnel within the business, to achieve sales targets, optimum growth, profitability, customer satisfaction and market share
- Drive performance of the sales team against targets
- Develop and work opportunities from inception to a closure
- Ensure processes support efficient response to RFI and tender submissions
- Build relationships with councils, and the broader water utilities to optimise the benefits for Taggle
- Represent Taggle in relevant forums and advocate on behalf of the interests of Taggle
- Actively represent Taggle in negotiations, at conventions, seminars and official occasions, and liaise with other organisations (eg. major suppliers, customers, industry associations and government representatives) as appropriate
- Develop and implement best practice, disciplined, metrics driven sales and account management activity and reporting
- This role calls for a superior business and sales professional
- Someone with the;
- energy, vision and commercial awareness to continue the profitable development and growth of Taggle
- intellect and business creation strengths, with the conceptual thinking qualities to recognise and strategize opportunities that will take maximum advantage of Taggle’s product and service solutions
- Relevant business degree qualifications
- Over 10 years’ experience in similar Sales leadership roles
- Experience in leading a successful, technology driven “early stages” Sales team where the company achieved significant growth (software, hardware, services or a combination)
- Strong B2B sales experience selling multi-million dollar sales from smaller enterprises to large organisations, including local governments, utilities, telco or multi-nationals
- Successful track record operating in medium sized, rapidly growing organisations in sometimes ambiguous, fluid and lean resourced environments
- Demonstrated business development success and ability to personally drive the sales and marketing profile and growth of the business
- Comfortable in presenting a complex technical proposition, with experience and ability to communicate to customers to promote and drive new technology and business, and to “explain” complex technical aspects and poorly understood value propositions to non-technical stakeholders without a sales engineer
- Track record of success in overachieving sales quotas
- Proven and consistent hunting skills (both initial penetration and cross-selling)
- Great presentation skills (oral and written) for communication of complex solutions, business benefits
- Ability to rapidly ramp up and understand and articulate the business’ commercial and technological offering
- Passionate, driven with high energy levels and action orientation
- Personality style that allows them to open doors, build relationships and drive the desired bottom line results, remaining professional when stressed
- Excellent people management and communication skills, with a bias towards collaboration, recognition and support
- A high level of personal integrity and work ethics
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Decision maker
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- The ability to handle pressure and, at times, ambiguity
- A strong and confident professional with the gravitas to gain credibility and deal with all levels of organisations
- An ability to engage, influence, coach and mentor to achieve goals
- A high-level understanding of whole of account management and business development
- Strong commercial sense and the ability to keep multiple transactions on track concurrently over long sales cycles
- Comfortable with regular domestic travel (Covid permitting)
- A police check will be part of the final recruitment process
- Holder of a current driver’s licence
- Holder of a current Australian passport or right to work in Australia
- Ability to travel regularly domestically (Covid permitting)