- Employment Type: Full-time contract 4.5 years (AHP Phase 2 will be implemented until 22 January 2027)
- Location: The candidate will be based in the Pacific preferable in Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, or Papua New Guinea
- Reports to: Liam Sharp – Disaster READY Coordinator
- Remuneration: Anticipated annual salary AUD105,000.00 to AUD120,000.00 FTE (inclusive of any superannuation)
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity and inclusivity in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognising that an inclusive workforce enriches our organisation and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
About Alinea International Ltd
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide.
About the Project
The AHP is a humanitarian and disaster management partnership between the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and six leading Australian humanitarian NGOs. The AHP Support Unit (AHPSU) was established at the outset of the partnership. It is funded by DFAT and managed by Alinea International. The Pacific MEL Coordinator will lead on and/or manage all monitoring, evaluation and learning activities and support analysis and evaluation interventions to map and understand the collective impact and change resulting from the Disaster READY program and any associated AHP responses carried out in Disaster READY countries.
Summary of key functions:
- Support the AHP DR 2.0 program in establishing a robust and innovative MEL System across all three DR 2.0 focus areas
- Support partners in establishing their own functional MEL systems and enable them to report evidence – based data to AHPSU and DFAT
- Data Analysis (Qualitative and Quantitative)
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Other Regular Tasks
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation or research (preferably in the international aid and development sector).
- Experience managing data collection, data analysis as well as data management system building (for projects, programs, organisations).
- Experience working on information and data management systems for planning, monitoring and reporting of results.
- Experience in building capacity in MEL, ideally with smaller resource-strained organisations.
- Experience in delivering and facilitating innovative approaches and solutions to development programming would be an advantage.
- Experience of working with DFAT, or other similar agencies, with sound knowledge and experience in all aspects of the project cycle including MEL would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Experience working in Pacific contexts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proven ability to build relationships with and support (through mentoring, training etc) key partners in the Pacific and Timor-Leste.
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a small team, work independently as required, and to meet deadlines.
- Experience working with ANGOs and local NGOs in the Pacific and Timor Leste.
- An understanding of Australia's humanitarian sector and/or aid and development programs and policies.
- An understanding of disaster preparedness, disaster risk reduction and resilience.
- Experience and/or knowledge of key cross-cutting issues such as GEDSI, climate change, localisation etc.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their application via the "Apply Now".
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquiries, please.
Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com
A position description is attached.