We are seeking an energetic and skilled worker with relevant tertiary qualifications and at least 3 years demonstrated experience in case management working with complex & vulnerable families. You will also have demonstrated knowledge of supporting families who are at risk of or are homeless including around areas of tenancy, transitional housing & crisis assistance.
You will have good organisation & time management skills and be proficient in MS Office programs as well as proficiency in using electronic case management tool/s.
- Minimum requirement of a degree in welfare, social sciences or other relevant areas.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in case management of families with complex needs and experience working with vulnerable families and children at risk, particularly mandatory reporting processes.
- Experience working successfully within or with community & other housing providers, and knowledge of property management of transitional and/or crisis houses.
- Ability to respond to crisis and urgent matters that arise in working with families & children that are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Understanding of basic financial practices, ie basic budgeting with families and brokerage accountability & management.
- Well-developed IT skills such as MS Office programs, databases & experience of using such programs in a workplace setting and including experience in using case management tools or systems.
- Good organisation, prioritising and time management skills, particularly ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must have a current Working with Children Check number.
- Must have National Criminal Check or will apply for one prior to employment commencement.
- Must have full driver’s licence and a comprehensively insured vehicle (NB you will be using your own vehicle for travel and receiving award reimbursement per kilometre)
This position is paid at SCHADS Award Level 4 with option to salary package.
For more information contact: email@example.com, using the subject line: Family Case Worker - Specialist Homelessness Services program - Katoomba enquiry via EthicalJobs or call 4782 1555.
A position description is attached.