- Flexible working arrangements (Work From Home or Work From Office based at Warriewood – depending on the area you live in)
Total Earth Care is your “one-stop environmental shop” that provides environmental & civil planning, management, and on-ground solutions. Since our incorporation in 1991, we have pioneered ecological restoration and environmental rehabilitation techniques in the Sydney region and have grown to become a multi-disciplinary company providing a range of specialist services across Australia.
Our main focus is to become a leading ecological consulting team renowned for our strong ethical values and integrity.
- Are you interested in working with a supportive team of like-minded leaders in the industry?
- Would you like to work for a company that values employee development and aligns its profits with purpose?
- Do you want flexible and friendly working arrangements? If yes, then get in touch!
Total Earth Care is currently recruiting for an Experienced Ecologist with a minimum of two years’ experience to join our Environmental Consulting team.
This position is for full-time employment.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparation of reports including:
- Flora and Fauna Impact Assessments;
- Vegetation and Biodiversity Management Plans;
- Development Opportunities and Constraints Reports;
- Provide assistance in the development of Biodiversity Development Assessment Reports (BDARs), Biodiversity Certification Assessment Reports (BCARs), and Biodiversity Stewardship Site Assessment Reports (BSSARs);
- Species Impact Statements; and
- EPBC Act referrals.
- Conducting Flora and Fauna surveys;
- Preparation of tender documentation and quotes;
- Marketing Consulting Division services to procure projects and ensure a constant flow of projects for the Division; but also
- Marketing services provided across all divisions of TEC where possible to assist in procuring projects across the company.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Environmental Consulting or in a relevant government position;
- Knowledge of NSW environmental legislation and key aspects of policy – especially the NSW Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979 and the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016;
- Intimate knowledge of NSW environmental approval process, specially part IV and V of Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016;
- Bachelor of Botany/Science/Environmental Science/Applied Science/Natural Resource Management or equivalent in a related discipline;
- Strong working knowledge of terrestrial ecology, environmental impact assessment, NSW environmental planning, and legislation;
- A demonstrated ability to write fluently and concisely in a scientific manner. This would normally be in the form of ecological assessment report/s and or vegetation/bushland management plans;
- Strong Flora Identification within NSW
- Experience in the performance of ecological field surveys – particularly terrestrial flora and fauna surveys conducted in the Sydney Basin;
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project Management skills; and
- Experience and abilities in ArcGIS or QGIS mapping.
- BAM Accreditation;
- Desirable environmental law experience or degree;
- Experience in bush regeneration and a genuine understanding of bushland management principles within the Sydney metropolitan area;
- Experience and qualifications in animal handling;
- Experience with Planning for Bush Fire Protection (2006);
- Arboricultural qualifications and/or experience; and
- Working knowledge of the NSW Biosecurity Act 2015 and relevant weed controls.
A position description is attached.
For more information, contact the Environmental Consulting Division team directly for a confidential conversation on (02) 9913 1432.