- This position operates from WYDAC's Alice Springs Office (NT)
Primary Purpose Of The Position
The Senior HR Officer will provide high level administration in recruitment and selection of vacancies, general employment requirements, personnel interface and undertaking of HR administrative tasks in a cross-cultural setting.
The Snr HR Officer is also required to actively contribute to the development of best practice ensuring that best practice, equality of opportunity and diversity requirements are met and continuously improved.
This position requires experience in delivering effective and timely HR administrative and advisory services, excellent analytical, communication and prioritisation skills. The ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, and a commitment to high quality service delivery whilst building a strong workplace culture in a cross-cultural setting.
The following areas are critical to the role and constitute the primary duties required to be successful in fulfilling the duties associated with this position and other duties as directed.
- Coordinate recruitment, on-boarding and off-boarding processes
- Prepare and maintain updated employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating employees, contractors and volunteers
- Prepare and undertake commencement and induction activities for employees, contractors and volunteers
- Administer the performance review schedules to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organisation
- Arrange and maintain a record of all staff training (e.g. training applications, trainee lists, schedules, attendance sheets)
- Ensure adherence to HR-related policies and procedures
- Provide support to staff on day-to-day HR-related administrative issues
- Communicate all HR-related information to staff as required
- Work with the Management team to fulfil financial and organisational requirements of WYDAC through Quality Management processes
- Ensure that Quality management processes pertaining to employment contracts, staff compliances and training are carried out appropriately
- Assist in drafting internal HR policies and procedures as well participating in review of existing HR policies
- Coordinate travel needs for commencing employees
- Ensure that travel needs are met within the constraints of the WYDAC travel and vehicle policies
- Liaise with other administrative staff to ensure that the Alice Springs office is adequately stocked with general office supplies
- Liaise with other administrative staff and Office Coordinator to ensure movement of items between Yuendumu and Alice Springs Offices
- Liaise with other administrative staff to ensure that general IT, building and office repairs and maintenance issues related to the Alice Springs Office are resolved.
Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Risk Management
- Ensuring that all staff develop an understanding of all WYDAC policies and procedures that relate to the minimisation of risk and that duties are performed in a safe and professional manner without causing personal injury or financial loss to themselves, other employees, contractors or the public.
- Developing an understanding of all WYDAC policies and procedures that relate to WHS and the minimisation of risk.
- Participating in workplace inspections, audits and risk assessments.
Warlpiri Youth Development Aboriginal Corporation (WYDAC) has dedicated itself to developing the strength, health, confidence and leadership of Warlpiri youth since 1993. The program aims to promote positive and meaningful future pathways for all young Warlpiri people. The notable, and sustainable, success of the program has been firmly based on the strength of Warlpiri youth, families and their communities, as well as the ongoing commitment of staff. The program was created by, and for, Warlpiri people, and is governed by a Warlpiri Committee. The WYDAC head office is in Yuendumu Community, however WYDAC is comprised of a variety of programs operating at five different Warlpiri sites – Yuendumu, Willowra, Nyirripi, Lajamanu and Mt Theo Outstation. WYDAC also have an office located in Alice Springs. There are over 70 staff across the entire organisation with more than half of these being Warlpiri people.
- Annual Salary: $80,000 - $85,000 Dep
- Annual Leave: 6 weeks plus 17.5% loading
- Salary Sacrifice is available up to $15000 per annum
- Airfare allowance up to $800 per annum after each 12 months service