START YOUR CAREER WITH THE SALVATION ARMY TODAY!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, Corps newsletter and documents for Corps activities (e.g. posters, minutes of meetings)
- Assist with the preparation of the Corps Calendar and Corps Directory
- Be the key contact for the Corps, responding to all telephone and email enquiries
- Be the first point of contact for anyone visiting our premises (including assisting with COVID-safe check-in)
- Responsible for providing hospitality support to the Corps Officer - preparing tea/coffee for visitors where required and ensure the kitchen/office/reception areas are kept clean & tidy
- Manage the smooth functioning of office equipment, stationery supplies, filing systems, incoming/outgoing mail and emails for the Corps
- Responsible of ordering Corps office and hospitality supplies
- Assist in maintaining and updating the Corps website and social media platforms (including graphics)
- Maintain Corps records - Hall Hire bookings
- Assist with administration related to the management of Corps volunteers (compliance paperwork)
- Coordinate property matters (WHS audits & maintenance)
- Ensure Corps premises is secured when leaving the building unattended
- Responsible for financial administration (e.g. petty cash, banking and bank reconciliation) and planned giving recording
- Assist and coordinate the administration for Corps events (e.g. Christmas and Red Shield)
This position is located at Macarthur Corps, Smeaton Grange.
WHAT WE OFFER
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates
- Supportive and encouraging organisation
HOURS AND SALARY
This is a part time position, 18 hours per week.
Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Clerks Private Sector Award, Level 3
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under conflicting time pressures
- Certificate IV in Business Administration
- A commitment to the Christian faith and mission of TSA is preferred but not essential
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.