Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army Australia's Homelessness Stream provides high quality, person centred services to people at risk, and or experiencing homelessness. We support adults and families, including accompanying children with accommodation, case management, outreach support, financial assistance, connection and referral to other specialist services.
Our philosophy is that every person deserves dignity, respect and quality of service and that no one should be without a safe, affordable and secure home. Services are free, voluntary, accredited and delivered by professional and committed staff.
We are currently seeking a values-driven and proactive Administration Assistant to provide general administration support and contributing to the strategic emergency and disaster management team in times of a disaster.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Reimbursement requests and invoices for payment are checked, authorised and coded.
- Data is entered into financials system ensuring payments are made on time.
- Working closely with THQ Finance & SAMIS departments to ensure all data, checking & reporting is done at scheduled times to ensure payment of recovery assistance grants.
- Supplier, community member and general finance queries are responded to and actioned as required.
- Databases are maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Meetings and travel plans are booked appropriately.
- Events/meeting are coordinated and prepared accurately and promptly.
- Minutes of meetings and follow up requirements are communicated seamlessly.
- Filing, administration and other ongoing matters are kept up to date and readily accessible.
- Financial support is coordinated in a timely and accurate manner.
WHAT WE OFFER
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits.
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members.
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates.
- Supportive and encouraging organisation.
HOURS AND SALARY
This is a permanent part time position, 27.5 hours per week.
Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Clerks level 2.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL HAVE
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
- An appreciation of and the ability and willingness to promote and support the values and ethos of The Salvation Army.
- Demonstrated relevant administration experience, knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated skills in managing time, setting priorities, planning and organising task, working independently when required as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Relevant business qualification such as Cert IV or Diploma in Business Administration is desirable.
- All staff must have an up to date police check.
- Prior experience in a social program/community services environment would be highly regarded.
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia.
TSA Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- People who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex.
- People with a culturally or linguistically diverse background.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.