Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
Mount Gambier/ Millicent Corps is a community-focused church, partnering with the wider community to help transform one life at a time with the love of Jesus.
- Mail is sorted, screened, processed and distributed ensuring items requiring urgent attention are appropriately flagged for immediate attention
- Events and meetings are organised including preparing invitations, agendas and all required resources such as catering and presentation equipment (Including Red Shield Appeal, Christmas Appeals, Field Days etc)
- Contractors are organised when requested by the Corps Officer to ensure maintenance issues are addressed in a timely manner (This is done through DHQ but the jobs need to be logged with them)
- Office supplies are purchased to ensure items are available as needed
- Processing of Volunteer Applications including police checks
- Data is entered into various databases as required
- Research and reports are generated and provided as requested
- Uses technology and software applications effectively in accordance with task requirements
- Reimbursement requests and invoices are authorised and coded and sent through for processing
- Processing of Mount Gambier & Millicent Corps income and Mount Gambier & Millicent Thrift Shop takings entered into financials system and up to date by the end of the month
WHAT WE OFFER
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates
- Supportive and encouraging organisation
This is a permanent part time position 15 hrs per week.
- A relevant Certificate in Business Administration, Community Services or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Experience in basic project assistance and preparation of documentation
- 1-2-year experience in administration
- Relevant child protection requirements are obtained for example Working with children check.
- Mandatory National Police Check
- Relevant qualifications business admin or other relevant discipline
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.