Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The position is responsible and accountable for the delivery to women and their accompanying children affected by domestic and family abuse and/or experiencing homelessness to achieve housing stability, improve social inclusion and be equipped for participation in the wider community.
Requirements of the role include:
- To build rapport and establish effective relationships that support service delivery and help clients to feel welcome and safe.
- To assist with transport as required and stock (prepare) units for new intakes.
- To assist clients with immediate safety needs that may include mindfulness, de-escalation, hospital assistance, family support, relocation, police assistance, etc.
- To respond to emergency situations which includes (but not limited to) severe illness or injury, fire or other evacuation situations, severe anxiety, suicidal ideation, major conflict, or premises breach.
- Work with others and champion the delivery of high-quality refuge services and programs.
- Value victim survivor feedback and participation promoting codesign strategies to inform quality improvement at a service level.
- To maintain accurate, up-to-date client records and data in accordance with TSA standards and procedures using TSA information systems.
- To provide accurate and up-to-date hand-over to support client needs.
- To secure the premises every night to ensure safety for clients. Risks to clients, staff and TSA are identified and brought to the attention of the leadership team as soon as possible.
This is a casual position located in Karratha and attracts compensation linked to the SCHADS Award, under Social and Community Services (WA) Level 4.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Associate diploma with relevant experience with family & domestic violence and homelessness
- Mandatory National Police Check
- Current WA Drivers licence
- Current First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Working with Children's Check
- Proficient interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communications and negotiation/consultation skills National police record check
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.