START YOUR CAREER WITH THE SALVATION ARMY TODAY!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
You will be responsible for overseeing the efficient and cost effective goods collection, storage and distribution services to all stores serviced from the base warehouse by effectively supervising all aspects of warehouse and transport processes, facilities, equipment and personnel for the Salvos Stores operation in line with The Salvation Army Mission and Values
In this role you will:
- Oversee and manage the efficient and cost-effective collection, receiving, sorting, storage and distribution of all stock and orders at the warehouse & Stores where required.
- Drive team knowledge and ability to distinguish between saleable and unsaleable goods and ensure team are aware of Company standards in relation to donated goods.
- Oversee and manage to ensure that nominated targets for output of saleable goods are achieved.
- Oversees and manages the minimum levels of stock and goods in the warehouse.
- Oversee all inventory management and stock control administrative activities such as stock takes, stock receipts, order picking etc are carried out accurately and on time.
- Ensure the efficient and cost-effective fulfilment of store orders using the correct paperwork, systems and operating procedures.
- Oversee that appropriate care is taken when handling goods.
- Ensure that all goods and equipment are accurately accounted for, no unauthorised use of equipment and vehicles, warehouse and grounds remain secure.
- Supervise team members to ensure all plant and equipment is maintained in a safe and clean condition and all inspection, defect reporting, servicing, repairs and cleaning/housekeeping requirements are achieved.
- Supervise team members to ensure warehouse is maintained in a safe condition and all team members follow all safe systems of work, defect reporting, traffic management and safety instruction.
- Oversee the collection of goods (ranging from but not limited to bags of textiles to large & bulky furniture items) from donor residences, places of work and other locations as directed, in accordance with guidelines and in a safe, professional, timely and efficient manner.
- Oversee the delivery of goods to stores and warehouses as directed in a safe, professional, timely and efficient manner.
- Supervise the efficient and cost-effective processing of rubbish and recycling from stores and prepare them for landfill, recycling or other in a safe, professional, timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed and communicated, run & job booking information is completed in accordance to established guidelines, processes and other instruction.
- Use provided technology and processes (tools) to maximise run efficiency, update & record run & job status, record donor rejections and other issues, in accordance to established guidelines, processes and other instruction.
- Oversee and ensure that all documentation and administrative tasks including Salvos Workday related actions are completed in a timely manner, including approving timesheets before identified deadlines and all relevant employee / volunteer administration activities.
- Communicate issues, problems and recommended solutions to line management in a timely manner.
- Drive and comply all Occupational Health and Safety guidelines as outlined by The Salvation Army (TSA), including assessing risk, record keeping and submitting Solvsafety incidents on a timely basis.
- Assist and perform additional tasks / jobs as reasonably required in accordance with established guidelines, processes and / or as required by the Line Manager.
You will have
- Demonstrated experience supervising and leading teams ideally in a warehouse environment.
- Demonstrated counterbalance forklift driving experience ideally in a retail warehouse environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of furniture removal practices or similar roles preferred.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior leaders.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer facing role will be highly regarded.
- Proficient computer skills.
- NFP Salary Sacrifice benefits
- Health insurance discounts
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent counselling service
- Staff discount
- Great company culture
If you're excited by this unique opportunity, the above sounds like you, and you have a heart for working for an organization that truly does transform lives, we would love to speak to you.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.