Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
AOD - The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest providers of alcohol and other drug (AOD) services. We offer a range of services including Harm Reduction and Primary Health Services as well as a range of treatment types (including residential treatment centres, community-based support programs, counselling and withdrawal management services). We work to a modern, evidence based and holistic Model of Care which can be viewed here.
Located in Nowra, Pathways Shoalhaven is a therapeutic day program providing a safe, drug-free community service for those seeking to better understand and manage substance use and find community, meaning & independence whilst living in their own accommodation in the Shoalhaven area.
Our service provides:
- A newly developed group-based behaviour change program based on internationally recognized evidence-based methods
- Comprehensive assessment, individualised treatment/recovery plans and
- Collaborative case management that focus on physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual wellbeing through individualised 1-1 sessions
We are currently seeking a values-driven and experienced Team Leader with a track record in developing and growing community-based treatment models to manage a small team to deliver a comprehensive participant-led, harm minimisation & recovery-oriented service. Key responsibilities include:
- Oversight and support day to day service delivery and reporting functions
- line management of 2 part time case workers
- Coordination of AOD intake & assessment, treatment planning and individual case management activities including carrying a small case load as needed
- Implementation and delivery of a newly developed group work program
- Develop stakeholder relationships and referral pathways
- Commitment to an environment that values continuous improvement and innovation in the delivery of high-quality services
Reporting to the Program Manager of Out-client Services NSW.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates
- Supportive and encouraging organisation
HOURS AND SALARY
This is a permanent full-time position. Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the SCHADS Award Level 5 (level dependent on experience)
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL MEET THE FOLLOWING SELECTION CRITERIA
- A degree in Community Services is preferred. If not Degree qualified, a Minimum of Diploma level qualification in a relevant discipline (AOD, Community Services, Case Management) is required.
- Completed 4 AOD Skill Set Units (or willing to undertake/complete during employment).
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a management position in a community setting e.g. AOD/gambling, community services and health sectors
- Solid experience managing teams to grow capability and performance
- Experience in growing a community Service in terms of client base and services offered
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work with those impacted by substance abuse, gambling and mental health conditions.
- Experience working with people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background
- Experience working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and religions.
- Experience working in collaboration with other organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with unpredictable situations and behaviours utilising de-escalation techniques.
- Ability to critically reflect on professional practice and attitudes.
- Ability to develop and tailor programs to meet participants' needs.
- Seeks new ideas, embraces new opportunities and adapts to change.
- TSA core values and behaviours demonstrated in all work-related activities
- A current NSW Drivers Licence (preferred but not essential)
- Be able to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
TSA Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- People who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- People with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
POSITION DESCRIPTION and ENQUIRIES
Liz Edminson on 0429 169 856 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Outclient Team Leader - Nowra enquiry via EthicalJobs
*Please address the SELECTION CRITERIA in a cover letter along with CV when applying
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.