Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army (TSA) will work as one team with a person centred, safe and coordinated approach to service delivery to ensure the best outcomes for all who seek our assistance.
about the role
The position is responsible and accountable for the delivery to women and their accompanying children affected by domestic and family abuse and/or experiencing homelessness to achieve housing stability, improve social inclusion and be equipped for participation in the wider community. Those activities include:
- Comprehensive intake, risk assessment and safety planning
- Development of case plans that promote ensure personal safety and best interests of children
- Crisis counselling and intervention
- Court support and advocacy
- Exit planning and transitional/outreach
- Community engagement and development
- To complete and provide a phone assessment, intake, induction and orientation for new clients.
- To build rapport and establish effective relationships that support service delivery and help clients to feel welcome and safe.
- To support case planning by discussing, promoting and assisting with case planning tasks that have been determined by the FDV internal services and the client.
- To assist with exit planning and exit follow up as needed.
- To liaise with on-call leadership team when responding to high risk or critical incidents.
- To respond to emergency situations during the on-call/recall period which includes (but not limited to) severe illness or injury, fire or other evacuation situations, severe anxiety, suicidal ideation, major conflict or premises breach
- To maintain accurate, up-to-date client records and data in accordance with TSA standards and procedures using TSA information systems.
- Rooms and facilities are regularly cleaned to minimise accidents and incidents and to promote a welcome, safe and supported environment.
- To secure the premises every night to ensure safety for clients. Risks to clients, staff and TSA are identified and brought to the attention of the leadership team as soon as possible.
HOURS & SALARY
This is a casual position located at Graceville Women's Centre.
Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 4.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant tertiary degree with relevant experience or associate diploma with relevant experience; or lesser formal qualifications with substantial years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 1-year experience in case management, experience in the family violence sector is advantageous.
- Certificate IV Community Services or related field.
- Knowledge with client advocacy and working in partnership with others.
TSA Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- People who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- People with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.