- Full-Time service leadership team member. 4 days on, 4 days off roster
The TLIHS role requires the use of a range of hands-on, administrative, and team leadership skills within a busy, inclusive and caring service.
- Adhere to organisational code of conduct, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Adhere to the NDIS code of conduct.
- Demonstrate leadership in promoting and providing Active Support for clients.
- Provide administrative and support work as required reporting to Client Services Coordinator
- Regularly report role and service related information through organisational line management.
- Participate in the implementation, monitoring and review of policies, procedures, and other continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide general guidance and directives to workers supporting clients in their homes.
- Conduct Workplace Meetings and Client Feedback Meetings, prepare and distribute notes to appropriate stakeholders.
- Monitor, provide mentoring and review casuals, trainees and regular worker performance in collaboration with the Client Services Coordinator and Workforce Development Coordinator, and report on training and development requirements.
- Provide checks on basic participant related documentation such as medication signing sheets, individual daily routines and follow up as needed.
- Oversee daily cleaning of equipment and environment.
- Maintain consumables stock levels (stores, first aid supplies, PPE) and advise administration of ordering requirements.
- Communicate directly with families, advocates and other key stakeholders to address basic issues and maintain effective relationships e.g. Housing NSW, Real Estates and to and.
- Regularly check that workers have entered progress notes on the Client Information Management System in accordance with Tulgeen’s Defensible Documentation Training.
- Timely, accurate, appropriate reporting of all client incidents in Cimsability system.
- Support Client Services Coordinator to undertake Mandatory Reporting Responsibilities.
- In collaboration with the Client Services Coordinator prepare and distribute documentation for complex appointments (CHAP’s, Hospital admissions) as directed by the Client Services Coordinator.
- In collaboration with the Client Services Coordinator facilitate and attend meetings as required (NDIS, Client Reviews, Allied Health, Behaviour Support Specialists).
- Assist the Client Services Coordinator to develop formal written complex task competencies.
- Facilitate and maintain formal written competencies for all workers within the team.
- Attend On-Call duties as rostered.
- Maintain excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness in participant’s homes.
- Ensure all obligations are met in relation to all COVID-19 regulations/guidelines.
- Oversee vehicle cleaning & maintenance in conjunction with the Assets Coordinator.
Locations: Tulgeen service locations within Bega NSW; Elliot Lane, Fairview Street, Satellites, and Maple Court.
Reporting: Reports directly to the Client Services Coordinator with occasional reporting to the In-Home Services Manager.
- 2 years previous experience working with participants requiring complex care and Positive Behavioural Support.
- Knowledge and application of the National Standards for Disability Services.
- Knowledge and understanding of ‘Restrictive Practice’ and the related compliance requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of ‘Quality and Safeguarding Framework’ and the related compliance requirements.
- Organised and able to effectively prioritise work and meet deadlines according to the requirements.
- Certificate III in Disability or Allied industry Certificate
- First aid certificate.
- Mandatory Behavioural Support Training
- NDIS Worker Check to be obtained
- Current NSW Drivers License
- First Aid
- Willingness to attend as rostered; 4 days on, four days off in continuum.
- Complete scheduled and directed tasks on time.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of complex care and behavioral supports with person centered approaches.
- Take full responsibility for all Role Requirements as defined for the role.
A position description is attached.
For further information on our organisation please view:
Our Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/tulgeendisabilityservices/