The Water Well Project is a not-for-profit health promotion organisation based in Melbourne. Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of migrants, refugees and asylum seekers by improving health literacy. Our vision is that all individuals from refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds achieve equitable access to healthcare to enable them to live full lives and contribute to the wider community.
The Research and Evaluations Officer is a new paid position at The Water Well Project and will be responsible for managing and developing the organisation’s research and evaluation activities. They will be working within an expanding organisation that delivers health education sessions to communities of a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background throughout Australia. The research and evaluation will not only help analyse and improve the organisation’s work for internal and external stakeholders, but it will also identify opportunities for influence and inform the organisation’s strategic direction.
The Water Well Project is looking for a candidate from a research background from either a healthcare, public health or the non-for-profit sector who demonstrates the organisation’s values and is proactive and passionate about improving the health outcomes and wellbeing of communities from migrant, refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Streamlining and refining existing research and evaluation procedures within the organisation;
- Collating feedback and generating reports of health education sessions to evaluate the impact of our service, as required by committee and other stakeholders;
- Generating reports and drafting research papers to showcase the work of the organisation for internal and external stakeholders;
- Working closely with Fundraising Officer, Evaluations team and other members of the volunteer management committee;
- Researching and identifying opportunities to research and evaluate the work of The Water Well Project to improve its internal processes and external reach.
- Defining key areas of health prevention education that are underserved in CALD communities to help drive innovation and potential new health prevention focus for the organisation;
- Representing The Water Well Project to external organisations as required.
Key Selection Criteria
- Background in public health, health and/or non-for-profit research and evaluation.
- Previous knowledge of the current Australian health landscape, particularly public health, prevention and prominent areas of health need.
- Experience assessing and analysing qualitative and quantitative data research.
- Comfortable with managing and analysing large datasets, and with one statistical software of choice (such as Excel, R, SPSS etc.).
- Advanced skills in producing and communicating written and graphical research data to a range of external stakeholders.
- Proven track record in health promotion communications (written and verbal).
- Prior research and evaluation work within the not-for-profit sector (desirable).
- A proven track record in successfully planning of organising yourself, others and in project management;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Renumeration and conditions
- 16 hours per week (0.4 FTE) with flexible working hours across the week.
- This role has a hourly rate of $30 - $32 per hour (based on qualifications/ experience) plus superannuation.
- Fixed term position until mid-March 2022
- 3-month probation period
- This role will work remotely (no work equipment will be provided by the company) and can be located anywhere in Australia.
- Respectfulness of diversity