- Full-time 12 month contract role based in Pyrmont, Sydney. Offering flexibility and hybrid home/office working
- Lead a supportive, innovative and results-driven team
- Join a passionate and values-based organisation working for the rights of every child
UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything we do. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere. In Australia we create impact for children and young people by elevating their voices, working with Governments to influence public policy, producing data and evidence, and working in partnerships to deliver innovative programs and initiatives to replicate at scale. UNICEF Australia is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments
As the Ambassador Relations Specialist at UNICEF Australia (UA), you will report to the Head of Brand and Campaigns and own key relationships with UA’s committed high profile ambassadors. You would be responsible in day to day and long term maintenance and development of these relationships with the ultimate aim of generating awareness, brand recognition and funds for our work in protecting children’s rights.
You will also plan future ambassador strategy, plan activations in alignment with UA campaigns, lead on planned key ambassador related projects, all while strengthening existing and initiating new relationships. We are looking for an excellent communicator who can manage these complex relationships, someone with good event experience who has an existing network of useful contacts, ideally in the entertainment, sports and PR sectors. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
- Manage ambassador relationships across key campaigns, keeping ambassadors engaged through smooth organisation, timely information delivery, event management, flexible scheduling and on call support
- Identify opportunities for new high profile supporters and ambassadors, by network building and targeting key industries and individuals who are able to deliver audience growth
- Analysis and review of past and ongoing ambassador activations, to understand ambassador performance and opportunities for stronger engagement
- Deliver on innovation, whether through new potential engagement mechanisms, collaboration with global UNICEF on best practice and strategy development
- Support the Head of Brand and Campaigns in ambassador strategy and calendar planning
- Ensure strong collaboration and integration across the broader UA team to ensure effective ambassador impact during campaigns
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in communications, PR, marketing or other relevant area of study, or equivalent working experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in relationship management or managing high profile individuals.
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management (ideally with high profile individuals).
- Creative and strong communicator.
- Attention to detail and event management experience.
- Strong networking skills across industries and sectors – ideally in the high profile & celebrity space.
- Innovative approach and willingness to think outside the box to support campaigns.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human rights, international development and world affairs.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate in a small, fast-paced team.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Copywriting experience.
- Ambassador relations experience.
- Sector leading salary packaging and a competitive salary commensurate with the NFP sector.
- A flexible work environment with balance between home and office work, which prioritises work outcome and not where you do your work.
- A positive and values-driven work culture with ongoing social events.
- A wellbeing package that includes access to meditation, yoga, EAP and a bonus day off on your birthday.
- Commitment to our child-first philosophy with 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents, and additional leave provided for expecting mothers.
- The opportunity to support a global impactful cause and make a difference for every child.
If you recently applied for an Ambassador Relations' role with us, you need not apply.
For further information on this position, please be in touch with our HR team - firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Ambassador Relations Specialist enquiry via EthicalJobs.
To be eligible for employment with UNICEF Australia you must be legally entitled to work in Australia and have satisfactory background checks prior to employment, such as mandatory police check and working with children check.