- Join a passionate team who are dedicated to supporting our clients
- Location flexible
- Salary packaging to maximise your income by increasing your take home pay
- Part-Time position 30 hours per week
- Additional wellbeing benefits including corporate fitness discounts and Birthday Leave!
Youturn is a not-for-profit organisation that provides health and social services to over 6,000 young people and their families annually, to assist them in achieving their full potential.
Our programs and services are available to people on the Sunshine Coast, Darling Downs, Moreton Bay and Wide Bay regions, as well as other communities around Australia. These services have the prime objective of delivering the organisation's mission to, support young people in their time of need to live a healthy and meaningful life.
Youturn has four main focus areas: Child Safety, Homelessness, Mental Health and Suicide Prevention.
Check out our website: www.youturn.org.au
As the Property Support Officer you will be responsible for the day-to-day tenancy, property management and delivery of effective tenancy management practices for Youturn’s directly managed properties. The role is responsible for maintaining the standard of our properties and working with clients and tenants to ensure that tenancies are sustainable, well managed and compliant with all relevant regulations and requirements.
Some of your other key responsibilities will include:
- Administrative tasks related to the rental property acquisition and maintenance activities that pertain to the Homelessness and Child Safety programs.
- Ensuring accuracy of entry and exit reports for properties including storage and distribution of documentation.
- Handling enquiries for repairs and maintenance from tenants and support the Senior Property Officer to address the requests within required timeframes.
- Conducting property inspections in conjunction with the Senior Property Officer as required.
- Ensuring data accuracy in rental collection and tenant invoicing through effective use of Chintaro.
- Supporting the Senior Property Officer to maintain the content and outputs of the asset management plan.
What you'll need
- Hold qualifications in the community or property sector to a minimum of Certificate IV level.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in supporting property and/or asset management operations.
- General understanding of regulatory and statutory compliance relevant to both social housing and child safety accommodation legislation.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Hold a current ‘C’ class open drivers’ licence.
- Hold, or be eligible to apply for, a Blue Card issued by the Queensland Department of Justice and Attorney-General.
- Hold, or be eligible to apply for, a Suitability Check issued by the Queensland Department of Children, Youth Justice and Multicultural Affairs.
- Youturn requires all its workplace participants to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an approved COVID-19 vaccine, according to up-to-date health advice from the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) or a State or Federal Government; or provide a valid exemption certificate.
- Experience in operating community housing rent and tenancy management systems and data recording platforms.
- Experience in liaising with contractors to maintain or repair properties including the tracking of work orders and completed maintenance.
- Understanding of relevant RTA forms and related standards and procedures.
Mission & Values
Supporting young people in their time of need, is at the heart of what we do at Youturn. Our organisational culture is built on trusting relationships that are meaningful and inclusive. We listen to understand, we embrace diversity and we offer a safe space free from judgement.
To ensure our young people receive individualised support, we invest in team members who embody our values to foster a collaborative culture of excellence.
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.