- DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING IN MENTAL HEALTH?
About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking experienced Care Service Employees to work at Uniting Annesley House on a PPT basis, to work collaboratively as a care team member to assist in the provision of care services that enhances the residents’ well-being and is inclusive of their physical, psychological, social and spiritual qualities, to facilitate self-determination, capacity and resilience, as well as improve social engagement and quality of life for the resident.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Must be willing to work in a care and kitchen role.
- Working on an allocated roster rotation resembling a hospital roster.
- Providing a wide range of personal care services to residents.
- Supervise and assist with the daily hygiene – showers or baths, shaving, cutting nails; lay out clothes and assist in dressing; make beds and tidy rooms; store clothes and clean wardrobes.
- Supervise and assist in supporting residents with medication utilising medication compliance aids; simple wound dressing, etc.
- Supervise and assist with meals and feeding.
- Recognise, report and respond appropriately to changes in condition of residents.
- Certificate III or IV in Aged Care or equivalent qualification
- Mental Health Qualification is highly regarded
- Medication competency would be highly favourable
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Flu Vaccination Certificate
Skills & experience
- Experience with Mental Health is essential
- A good insight into the health, social or aged care services industries
- Previous experience in aged or community care
- A gift for working collaboratively with a team and confident flying solo
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
To Apply Now
Click Apply Now.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.